• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

You know, racing in Electrodrome made me wonder if we will be able to do the pipes shortcut with the glider alone in 200cc

Roo

Ok, that's it for me.
I've been playing for 5 hours or so. Time to stop
It was really nice to race you all after a week in the nature. Feels good :D

GGs everyone :)

Ps: 11 MORE DAYS!!! HYPE!!

SlickVic

Just played my first online match. Man this is fun. Not one typically for much online multiplayer, but the pick up and play nature of online here is perfect.

Just played my first online match. Man this is fun. Not one typically for much online multiplayer, but the pick up and play nature of online here is perfect.
Are you on a wired connection? Trying to decide if I should purchase the Ethernet adapter before trying this and Smash online.

Roo

Are you on a wired connection? Trying to decide if I should purchase the Ethernet adapter before trying this and Smash online.

You don't really need an Ethernet adapter for this game. Lag compensation and overall net code is pretty accurate. You just need a decent wireless connection to enjoy this game.

As for Smash, yeah, that game *practically* requires an Ethernet adapter if you want to play without problems. PING is a huge issue here so if you can reduce it at minimum using an adapter then go for it.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're just getting it for Smash/Kart and you're not planning on playing those almost religiously but that's up to you.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You don't really need an Ethernet adapter for this game. Lag compensation and overall net code is pretty accurate. You just need a decent wireless connection to enjoy this game.

As for Smash, yeah, that game *practically* requires an Ethernet adapter if you want to play without problems. PING is a huge issue here so if you can reduce it at minimum using an adapter then go for it.

I wouldn't recommend it if you're just getting it for Smash/Kart and you're not planning on playing those almost religiously but that's up to you.

Well Splatoon would need Adapter too. Just saying if he's interesting in Splatoon too as well.

Roo

Well Splatoon would need Adapter too. Just saying if he's interesting in Splatoon too as well.

Eh... if Splatoon is like any other shooter, he'll be ok without the adapter.
Ink and whatever you use in that game seem to have a huge hitbox to cover stuff anyway.
I don't think an adapter is neccesary. Again, I don't follow Splatoon news so...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Eh... if Splatoon is like any other shooter, he'll be ok without the adapter.
Ink and whatever you use in that game seem to have a huge hitbox to cover stuff anyway.
I don't think an adapter is neccesary. Again, I don't follow Splatoon news so...

I disagreed, based on my experience with other shooter games. Edited: Actually it's depend on their Wifi.

Wire if you can, period. A stable WiFi connection works fine, even for fighting games, but a non-stable WiFi connection is a nightmare.

I play on WiFi though because I have to. And no, powerline isn't an option.

Top Bottom