• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Azure J

Didn't mean to drop out without saying this but GGs guys. I'm combing through replays trying to get the good stuff from tonight. I'm trying to have a little archive of the week before 200cc drops.

Enforced

Just to let you guys know, only two tournaments will be needed. Frantic/48 tracks/200cc and frantic/48 tracks/150cc

I really considered Jorge's idea of one with normal items but I simply don't see it working. It'll be up to you guys.
Just want to be sure on the settings. :v
Weekly
Start Date Saturday 18:00
End Day Sunday 17:30
Race Count: No limit

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
hpuedi.gif

ONE MORE DAY!

Just to let you guys know, only two tournaments will be needed. Frantic/48 tracks/200cc and frantic/48 tracks/150cc

I really considered Jorge's idea of one with normal items but I simply don't see it working. It'll be up to you guys.
lolwut

Roo, we had a Normal tourney last time and it saw plenty of use. :p

Burning Justice

the superior princess

We had a Normal tournament last time. People definitely used it then. I played in it a few times.

I know there are a number of people who prefer Normal to Frantic, so I really think we should have one.

ffdgh

C''mon...have a normal 200cc. 3 options shouldn't split everyone up that much.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Just want to be sure on the settings. :v
Weekly
Start Date Saturday 18:00
End Day Sunday 17:30
Race Count: No limit
The end time should be 30 minutes before the start time on the same day.

It's probably better if you set the start time and end time to a time when no one's playing, though. Maybe try:

Start: Tuesday 01:30
End: Tuesday 01:00

Enforced

End date shouldn't be something like Tuesday or a day less crowded? We get a lot of people on weekends.
I'm just asking.

The end time should be 30 minutes before the start time on the same day.

It's probably better if you set the start time and end time to a time when no one's playing, though. Maybe try:

Start: Tuesday 01:30
End: Tuesday 01:00
Ok I was looking at neogaf DLC frantic settings. Then I'll keep in mind on those settings. So Tuesday then.

MrPanic

Can I throw up the idea of 200cc No Items? Could be interesting and a nice change of pace depending on how challenging the 200cc mode is actually going to be. I don't think we'll be needing any 150cc mode anyway unless 200cc frantic proves to be complete ass.

So Frantic/48 tracks/200cc and No-items/48 tracks/200cc would be my suggestion, maybe a Normal/48 tracks/200cc as well just to have the option. What's the harm in making them anyway? We can just keep frantic200 as the main gaf lobby and have the others as something we can join once in a while.

Roo

roflmao I lost it at Enforced xD
As for you:

Upon encountering this person:
If you see him down, kick him again until he bleeds. He quite enjoys the pain.

Mandelbo

I've been getting back into Mario Kart 8 what with the DLC launching tomorrow and have actually started playing online! Having a great time atm and I'd quite like to play with some gaffers - how would I go about getting in some races? I'm ready to have my ass handed to me on a silver platter with 200c :p

EDIT: So is there gonna be a new tournament code for 200c? I just search for the code, right?

Exentryk

Going to read a few comments here tomorrow to see KartGAF's reactions to 200cc. Also looking forward to new shortcut gifs :D

I've been getting back into Mario Kart 8 what with the DLC launching tomorrow and have actually started playing online! Having a great time atm and I'd quite like to play with some gaffers - how would I go about getting in some races? I'm ready to have my ass handed to me on a silver platter with 200c :p

EDIT: So is there gonna be a new tournament code for 200c? I just search for the code, right?

Yeah, there will be a new thread with new 200cc tournament codes. You add these codes under tournament in your game, and then join from there.

here we are, some more from the top 10 (will need someone to come up with something for me :p) plus 2 others:
iNB5q6Yl2Vf6u.PNG

Haha, best one! XD

Something for you might be, "If you encounter Merrick, just ignore the poor guy. He doesn't need your help to get rekt!". It's similar to Enforced, but it fits you more lol. For Enforced, another one could be, "If you encounter Enforced, you're doing it wrong" (coz you know, last place :p). For Roo, something like "If you encounter Roo, you are already dead." might work lol.

SuperLoserPeen2

Neo Member
MarioKartWii forums user Myron702 said:
Patch Notes for 4.0 Update

● Animal Crossing DLC Pack 2 is available for download
● 9 new Amiibo Suits added
● 200cc class added
● Grand Prix: Must beat all cups on 150cc to play Grand Prix on 200cc
● VS race: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● Online play custom rules: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● Friend Lobby: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● Tournament settings: 200cc can be selected from the beginning.
● When you Brake while Drifting in 200cc mode, sparks will fly from your tires.
● Breaking now possible while drifting using the Wii Remote by pushing B, 1, & 2 buttons at the same time.
● Able to add CPU players to Online Custom Rules, but only human players will count for scoring.
● Pressing the minus button on the following controllers will now put the map on the screen:
-Wii U Pro Controller
-Classic Controller
-Wii Remote + Nun-chuck
● The seasons on the Animal Crossing course are random except in Time Trials, which is limited to Summer only.
● 10 new stamps added for use in Miiverse posts
● Bug Fixes

Source: http://www.4gamer.net/games/220/G022038/20150415041/

Vehicle Stats

● Streetle = Blue Falcon
● City Tripper = Varmint
● P-Wing = Circuit Special, Mach 8, B-Dasher, Gold Kart, Sports Coupe
● Bone Rattler = Tanooki Kart
● Leaf Tires = Roller Tires
● Paper Airplane Glider = Speed Glider

Character Stats

● Villager + Middleweight = Tanooki Mario
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/BelizeanKing/Villager.jpg_zpsl1phyiqm.png

● Isabelle + Lightweight = Toad, Toadette, Koopa Troopa, Lakitu, Shu Guy, Larry Koopa, Wendy Koopa
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/BelizeanKing/Isabelle 2_zps2gqog08h.png~original

● Dry Bowser = ????

Sources for Villager and Isabelle Stats
●Go to 0:24 to see Villager stats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2pJyU4LPPs#t=00m24s

●Go to 4:09 to see Isabelle stats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLrREgZ7Zco#t=04m09s
Disappointed that there is still no GameCube controller support (because if the batteries on Wii Remote or GamePad dies in middle of an online race, I have to quickly look for a controller with live batteries before I get disconnected).
Hope they patched proceeding the error message without the GamePad.

Other than that, really sad I have to wait until 2am PDT just to play the DLC.

Feels good not to watch previews of DLC tracks or even listening its music since its announcement... although I did watch Baby Park and Ribbon Road videos - muted - but did stumble upon pictures of the tracks. Going to feel good not knowing how the tracks will race like... even though I'm going to get wrecked so hard.

Where I got this info from: http://www.mariokartwii.com/threads/143846-4-0-update-Online-Notes?p=6234894&viewfull=1#post6234894

Apologies if update info has already been posted to NeoGAF.

DaBoss

Thanks for the comprehensive list of the patch. I believe all of that was posted, but separately.
-----

That Enforced one is killing me. And my heart becomes a black hole? Is that why all of the items hit me.

10 new stamps?

Are they just unlocked, or did they go back and add stamps for the DLC characters?

10 is a weird number for me to figure out because it's too many for DLC character stamps, but too few for time trial bonus stamps lol.

Top Bottom