• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

Thanks for the comprehensive list of the patch. I believe all of that was posted, but separately.
-----

That Enforced one is killing me. And my heart becomes a black hole? Is that why all of the items hit me.
Actually, all this info comes from our very own Streetsahead.
He translated that info and posted it in the reveal/Baby Park thread

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
here we are, some more from the top 10 (will need someone to come up with something for me :p) plus 2 others:
ibwz9tBfFaXHWi.PNG
iu4apZM9XYsnH.PNG
ibrbf2Tofa94uA.PNG

i4EQqv5oISNWE.PNG
ibqC73B5DPQdcE.PNG
iEwq51RdryvXU.PNG

ibqdncg7enHsFP.PNG
iNB5q6Yl2Vf6u.PNG
iv8HBk5xOENBD.PNG
ir43oFDShnlAH.PNG
ibik28QF9sKw15.PNG

uMkg4Cx.gif

Upon encountering this person:
If you see him down, kick him again until he bleeds. He quite enjoys the pain.

I second this.

jorgejjvr

When can we expect the dlc? Tonight at 12:01 am Es?

Also we are going to have to relearn allows the tracks again and get used to the new mechanics, B button!!! Haha I expect those from gaf that go straight to the gaf tourney with no practice will be super chaotic and we will all be at a lost lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
When can we expect the dlc? Tonight at 12:01 am Es?

Also we are going to have to relearn allows the tracks again and get used to the new mechanics, B button!!! Haha I expect those from gaf that go straight to the gaf tourney with no practice will be super chaotic and we will all be at a lost lol

3:50AM to 5AM EDT I think?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I feel bad for Enforced that you guys are openly mocking him with that wanted poster. Granted I'm probably as bad as him lol.

At least, he didn't make a wanted poster of you being IntelliHeath Wannabe. Since your combo is exactly same as mine, I think.

(I think you are sending out the message that you truly want one! :p)

How active is gaf frantic I tried several times last night to join the room and it was empty every time. Seems to happen a lot with me.
You must've came really late then because I had to wait for close to a fucking hour to get into the room because it was full and nobody was leaving. It just suddenly became packed after I left a much smaller room to go eat dinner, too.

If there isn't anyone posting in these threads, the rooms are empty.

You must've came really late then because I had to wait for close to a fucking hour to get into the room because it was full and nobody was leaving. It just suddenly became packed after I left a much smaller room to go eat dinner, too.

Man I remember this community was so busy we had two rooms at times going. I tried at around 9ish PST

DooD1234

At least, he didn't make a wanted poster of you being IntelliHeath Wannabe. Since your combo is exactly same as mine, I think.

(I think you are sending out the message that you truly want one! :p)
Yep, thank you for noticing!

How active is gaf frantic I tried several times last night to join the room and it was empty every time. Seems to happen a lot with me.
What time you try to join? In my experience Kart Gaf tends to clear out around 12-1 EST.

MrPanic

Lol, good thing I joined kartGaf only three days ago, these posters are the worst
(read: best)

Can someone tell me how much time there is from now till release, I think I'm messing up the time conversion.

Roo

I feel bad for Enforced that you guys are openly mocking him with that wanted poster. Granted I'm probably as bad as him lol.

Enforced is a competent racer. The thing about him is that he's very short-sighted when it comes to item management. He's the kind of guy who throws his green shells, bananas and boomerangs backwards to mess with someone in specific rather than use them on other random and viable players in front of him.

That strategy backfires 90% of the time so it's a running joke at this point.
Same as Azure posting salty comments every race or me haxing the game, etc,etc.
Nothing personal, just twisted fun lol

Azure J

So according to GAF, I'm best known for being the Takamaru guy and getting drunk on rageahol during Mario Kart... Neat. :lol

Edit: Curious to hear from top level KartGAF where I stand after seeing Roo's breakdown of Enforced. Poor dude really does play like that only to catch "worst luck ever" syndrome.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So according to GAF, I'm best known for being the Takamaru guy and getting drunk on rageahol during Mario Kart... Neat. :lol

Basically, pretty much.

Yeah, I sometime felt that enforced playing it too personal in mario kart, but I have seen some people did same thing. :p

I prefer my own personal strategy of going, "Could the guy behind me have reds? NAH!", blowing all my defensive items, and then getting nailed by red shells. It's a very solid strategy. I highly recommend it.

DaBoss

waluigii is my main

with gold cart and button wheels
Lol, good thing I joined kartGaf only three days ago, these posters are the worst
(read: best)

Can someone tell me how much time there is from now till release, I think I'm messing up the time conversion.
Congrats on becoming a member, MrPanic.

Now for the real reason I quoted these two. They both use Waluigi, so everyone should hit them with everything.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Congrats on becoming a member, MrPanic.

Now for the real reason I quoted these two. They both use Waluigi, so everyone should hit them with everything.

There is one more Waluigi user but I can't remember third persons' name. I agreed with you there. Waluigis should be destroyed!

Roo

Basically, pretty much.

Yeah, I sometime felt that enforced playing it too personal in mario kart, but I have seen some people did same thing. :p
I'm guilty too.
Sometimes I make it personal lol
Nothing a "lol" or ":D" can't hide.

I prefer my own personal strategy of going, "Could the guy behind me have reds? NAH!", blowing all my defensive items, and then getting nailed by red shells. It's a very solid strategy. I highly recommend it.
wjANVCD.jpg

Azure J

I only have two or three real strategies that I stick to:

- Whatever everyone does at the first turn or close quarters stretch of a race (especially in Frantic mode), do the opposite. Stay the fuck away from everyone because the item hell is REAL.

- Hang on to crazy items and stars for as long as possible. In the case of stars, the chances of someone having lightning increase exponentially as you hold them. Otherwise just use them to harass people from moving forward.

- Abuse drifts. Seriously, I get "good bullshit" items pretty rarely versus most of KartGAF so all I can rely on is really defensive driving and trying to gain ranks based on cutting corners sharp. It helps especially when you can get the drop on multiple people with someone behind you shooting red shells. Diverting those shells into people lining up behind you is a pretty good thing to learn.

- Abuse drifts. Seriously, I get "good bullshit" items pretty rarely versus most of KartGAF so all I can rely on is really defensive driving and trying to gain ranks based on cutting corners sharp. It helps especially when you can get the drop on multiple people with someone behind you shooting red shells. Diverting those shells into people lining up behind you is a pretty good thing to learn.
That's not a strategy. That's just not sucking. :p

Alright kart gaf enjoy the new dlc gonna be sticking to playing with randoms. Maybe one day I'll be able to join a frantic room with people in it. Later!

Azure J

There is one more Waluigi user but I can't remember third persons' name. I agreed with you there. Waluigis should be destroyed!

FWIW: The only Waluigi is Papercuts. Dude embodies the character completely. Haven't seen him in the rooms forever though.

Actually, that'd make for a neat thing, who do you all associate with each character in the Kart 8 roster?

Luigi: Roo
Baby Daisy: Hypno
Omnicient: Morton Jr.
Waluigi: Papercuts
Donkey Kong: ViewtifulJC
Rosalina: Enforced
Peach: ffdgh
Bowser: Justice
Link: CoasterFreak
Yoshi: Oidisco
Pink Gold Peach: Kade
Heath: Captain Falcon (Mii)

etc. etc.

ffdgh

Main strategy: Always make wide turns for certain people who throws junk back at the finish line and avoid everyone if possible.

Roo

FWIW: The only Waluigi is Papercuts. Dude embodies the character completely. Haven't seen him in the rooms forever though.

Actually, that'd make for a neat thing, who do you all associate with each character in the Kart 8 roster?

Luigi: Roo
Baby Daisy: Hypno
Omnicient: Morton Jr.
Waluigi: Papercuts
Donkey Kong: ViewtifulJC
Rosalina: Enforced
Peach: ffdgh
Bowser: Justice
Link: CoasterFreak
Yoshi: Oidisco
Pink Gold Peach: Kade
Heath: Captain Falcon (Mii)

etc. etc.

Mii: Merrick
Morton: Exentryk
Mario: boutdown/Derek

:p

Main strategy: Always make wide turns for certain people who throws junk back at the finish line and avoid everyone if possible.
Royal Raceway says hi! lol

DooD1234

Enforced is a competent racer. The thing about him is that he's very short-sighted when it comes to item management. He's the kind of guy who throws his green shells, bananas and boomerangs backwards to mess with someone in specific rather than use them on other random and viable players in front of him.

That strategy backfires 90% of the time so it's a running joke at this point.
Same as Azure posting salty comments every race or me haxing the game, etc,etc.
Nothing personal, just twisted fun lol
Oh yeah, I get this is done all n good fun. Although I'm sure there is also a bit of actual anger in there lol.

DaBoss

Yoshi: PreyingShark
Bowser: TriHard PreyingShark

Bonus points for those who know why I spelt it that way.

Oh yea, forgot.

Rosalina:
frauds, lots and lots of frauds, and Enforced

Top Bottom