• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

jorgejjvr

OMG justice you alone have single handedly hit me with more super horns than anyone

OH and screwing me over every time I pass you xD

Azure J

Flying over heads with a star while a blue shell takes out two of my oldest KartGAF rivals simultaneously in that Dragon Driftway race...

ibmwoH5MEwS7dV.png

Also, yay I can nail the Icy Icy Outpost shortcuts consistently now!

Azure J

man BB is OP on F-zero

Seriously. With all the boost panels set up right down the middle, the Bullet Bill and Blue Shell are king on that course. Even lightning isn't as bad since there's boosts everywhere and refresh zones get you back to max coins fast.

jorgejjvr

Blue shell plus green plus super horn AGAIN JUSTICE SERIOUSLY?????

how many times will you hit me with them?? You setting a record or something lol

Azure J

I love how psychic everyone's getting when green shells are ricocheting nearby. I saw jc nearly dive off the big ramp of Royal Raceway trying to avoid one that would have lit him up and then right as I'm about to try and overtake Omni, I just veer far left like "let me not risk getting bopped by backwards thrown shells"

Don't feel down on yourself. Different people take to different things in different ways. :)

Are you drifting when you go around corners? That makes a world of difference in terms of keeping pace.

Improving one's drifting, and experimenting to find the right kart/bike combo, can really help.

Yeah I am. I'm pretty awful at racing and competitive games in general, so it's not that surprising that I'm almost always last. The same goes with Smash and any FPS or RTS. I have pretty awful reflexes and memory, so I tend to fall off cliffs a lot.

Top Bottom