• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

I hope they fix the indicators for what's behind you and add a Pirhana Plants indicator as well. They are more deadly than stars, yet stars have the indicator.
Even Lightning Clouds from Mario Kart Wii had an indicator. No indicator for a Pirahna Plant really causes trouble.

DaBoss

Every start of the lap had me with just 1 coin.

The absolute stupidest thing happened to me. I got hit by an item, and during the whole air hitstun thing, I got knocked away into the abyss. I wonder how the devs thought it was a good idea to have that.

Azure J

Every start of the lap had me with just 1 coin.

The absolute stupidest thing happened to me. I got hit by an item, and during the whole air hitstun thing, I got knocked away into the abyss. I wonder how the devs thought it was a good idea to have that.

Mario Kart needs to give some of its hitstun to Smash 4.

DaBoss

Whoopdee doo, I got hit by someone with a Piranha Plant. The best part is that it was a huge distance and it ate my banana. And because it ate my banana, I got hit by a red shell. And because I got hit by a red shell, I got hit by another. And because of all of that, I got infinite item wheel glitched on the last item box. And then lost 10th place cause my item came too late.

Azure J

How did Roo who was dead last with me come in first on Rainbow Road SNES while I came in seventh? Also HOLY FUCK THAT FIRST LAP CARNAGE

jorgejjvr

This normal felt more frantic than frantic for me. Everything hit me. Oh and man justice plays identical to me, it's like how do I win against my twin brother, same set up and all xD

DaBoss

The worst part of that race was when the lightning hit, I was above the flying thing twice, and only I could have done that cause I was in last place the first time it happened.

DaBoss

Smash Wii U can't come soon enough. The scariest part is it will probably have better netcode going by Smash 3DS lol.

The feelings the game and I have are mutual it seems.

jorgejjvr

You like screwing me up on the beginning justice, after our initial fight, one of us goes behind. I had to come back from that one

Where's the dlc????

Prototype

People play for different reasons. Weird, eh?

Here's the thing, people in GAF prefer Frantic because that's more fun for us when the player base here dwindles to the 10-15 regulars after the hype is gone. Frantic is just more fun when there's only 6 people max racing in a room for months.

I like frantic because it levels the playing field. So you're a WR holder? Lol, no one cares when you get slammed by red shells into bullet combo into banana.

Makes things crazy and I like that. I'll play GT if I want a serious circuit racer.

DaBoss

Another item change that needs to be done is an AOE indicator for the super horn. Like a circle surrounding the person with the super horn so that people know to stay clear of that area.

And shit man, the indicator is so broken. I don't understand how they could screw up something that worked perfectly fine in MK7. Red shells that aren't after you show up, even if they are really far away. Sometimes no indicator pops up at all (in the past 3 races, I've had people with stars and bullet bills or red shells coming after me not show up in the indicator at all).

And nerf the bullet bill. What made them think that needed to be changed at all lol?

Top Bottom