• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT| DLC done right

Roo

So, I was watching the GameXplain discussion of the DLC tracks and Andre said there was a rumor about two tracks being in the second pack: GCN Baby Park and 3DS Neo Bowser City

I decided to investigate a little more about it and I found this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/700050-mario-kart-8/70566489

It's old and I don't believe it at all but I thought it was interesting.
Baby Park is basically Excitebike without all the ramps and Neo Bowser City is not called "Neo Koopa City"

What do you guys think? :O

Akiller

Lol! Me too! Hahahhahah. I can't stand her mumu dress. The bike suit tho... She just looks so good leaning over a sports bike, platinum blonde hair waving in the wind, the sparkle of her silver crown glinting in the eyes of the losers behind her.

tumblr_neumevaa9X1s8nccpo2_500.gif

Ah, you were talking about Rosalina

So, I was watching the GameXplain discussion of the DLC tracks and Andre said there was a rumor about two tracks being in the second pack: GCN Baby Park and 3DS Neo Bowser City

Baby Park is basically Excitebike without all the ramps and Neo Bowser City is not called "Neo Koopa City"

It feels right for Baby Park to be one of the tracks, also I certainly hope Neo Bowser city is in as that's one of my favorites.

Nin3DSFan is a known troll, and he's the "source" of the rumor in question. Guaranteed fake.

Grizzo

Neo Bowser City is so rad I'd really like to have it back!

I also feel like more GBA tracks could benefit from a remake.

Like Luigi Circuit, the very first track to feature some rain in it. Or Sunset Wilds with its gorgeous sunset that progressively takes place throughout the three laps (and the shyguys that annoy you if you hit one of their tent).

Seeing as Gamexplain themselves said it was probably fake, seems like it's probably fake.

But Neo Bowser City would look awesome in HD

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Third place.

Then red shell, red shell, BB, BB, green shell, knocked to wall, and booma ring.

Last place.

Na is surging up in this bitch.

Camjo-Z

Nin3DSFan is a known troll, and he's the "source" of the rumor in question. Guaranteed fake.

Even if we're ignoring his credibility and just going off the text leak, it still doesn't make sense. The "leak" has:

AudEnvSe_D3ds_NeoBowserCity
AudEnvSe_Dsfc_RainbowRoad

So we're supposed to believe the devs used the Japanese abbreviation "sfc" instead of "snes" but didn't write "NeoBowserCity" as "NeoKoopaCity". Yeah, fake.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Is there an updated weight tier list that includes the DLC characters? Is Tanooki Mario lighter than Mario Mario?

Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario both have unique stats.

Cat Peach = Peach with +0.25 accel and -0.25 weight
Tanooki Mario = Mario with +0.25 accel and -0.25 weight

Link's stats are the same as DK's.

So yeah, I love how Lakitu now has his own course in the form of Dragon Driftway, as made evident by the Lakitu statues and wall-scrolls, the Jugem's Cloud on the flags at the finish line, etc. An oriental shrine featuring an ouroboros Gobblegut -- who would've thought! :)

I absolutely love it. One of my favorite themes/courses in the pack.

Just finished the Egg-Cup on Grand-Prix to familiarize with the new tracks... What can I say. This is DLC of the year!!! this actually doesn't feel like DLC, it feels more like an Expansion Pack because each track is extremely polished and detailed and charming and colorful. And then there's the Mute City track! I've never imagine I would be racing as Link in a Mario Kart game while driving the Blue-Falcon in a F-Zero themed track. Well done, Nintendo. VERY FREAKING WELL DONE <3

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01szs3a.jpg

I will join online racing with you guys tomorrow! It's 4 am here and I'm exhausted x_x

Sorry, but all i can see in this picture is Link's lit up wiener? Something is amiss, or like you said, very polished.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Lol! Me too! Hahahhahah. I can't stand her mumu dress. The bike suit tho... She just looks so good leaning over a sports bike, platinum blonde hair waving in the wind, the sparkle of her silver crown glinting in the eyes of the losers behind her.
Bike suits are the one reason I want to learn bikes, but I just fucking can't handle them; learning tilt controls is easier.

Neiteio

So yeah, I love how Lakitu now has his own course in the form of Dragon Driftway, as made evident by the Lakitu statues and wall-scrolls, the Jugem's Cloud on the flags at the finish line, etc. An oriental shrine featuring an ouroboros Gobblegut -- who would've thought! :)

Def love this level's design!

I absolutely love it. One of my favorite themes/courses in the pack.
Some really nice visual touches on Dragon Driftway, like the painterly glaze on Gobblegut's scales, or the varnished wood of the tunnel down his throat. The sepia-toned wall-scrolls and gold-gilded trim in that section are just beautiful. I like how the Lakitu motif is even present in the ceiling trim, where you can see engravings of Jugem's Cloud. :)

I'm jumping in completely blind as I haven't tried any of the new content.

Also, I had all sorts of updates and such to download. It's only been a few weeks since I played Bayo.

Top Bottom