• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Boney

Banned
Playing 200cc GP cause my internet decided to crap out and
A) it's so much more peaceful and easy
B) I realize the importance of letting go of A during certain drifts to cancel the boost and not losing speed (stuff like Yoshi circuit and dragon drift way tight corners)
C) Morton is still a dick

DaBoss

I braked full stop after the bullet bill ended. Didn't fall off, even after the AG bump boost, but then when I drove forward, I couldn't turn lol.

DaBoss

Oh wow, the left path has a way to get to the other path at the end of Big Blue. I swear this course is probably the one where there are lots of things to learn.
Speaking of which, am I the only one who has to do almost a full stop at the turn right before the first gliding section? If I don't do it I'll fall off track. I always have problems in that part.
I do have to brake hard, but I'm not really sure if it is a full stop.

DaBoss

I love how what I did to Azure J in an earlier race happened to me, but it was on the 2nd lap, so I managed to get 1st on the 3rd lap.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
GGs guys! I'll get on again later tonight.

So yeah, when I used Dry Bowser earlier I did just fine. Even got a couple wins. Usually placed in the top half IIRC.

Three of were using him, too, along with a regular Bowser. I would like to say we all did relatively fine but I wasn't paying too much attention.

Yeah, I did a lot better than I expected to with that combo. That said, there are some obvious downsides to it--I feel the weight classes are a lot better balanced in 200cc than 150cc. Which is better I think depends on the course. Same with outside and inside drift.

even though I'm tempted to run femvillager, I can't leave #teamRosalina (morton is dead and buried though, though justice and DaBoss give me hope. What kart buikds you use?)

I was using Bowser/Master Cycle/Slick/Bowser Kite. Wouldn't recommend that unless you're good with inside drift, lol.

I haven't tried using a heavy on a kart yet.

Yeah, I did a lot better than I expected to with that combo. That said, there are some obvious downsides to it--I feel the weight classes are a lot better balanced in 200cc than 150cc. Which is better I think depends on the course. Same with outside and inside drift.
Yep. I think it depends on how many "Wow fuck this turn" moments a track has.

Neo Dark

*looks at scores*

What the hell? How many hours have you guys been playing???
I'm at the point where I'm convinced everyone else is a hacker. If I'm within the top 6, someone always manages to send me back. When I'm in the back, no matter what I try, I never get an item as good as others back there.

Top Bottom