• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Wow a heavyweight makes Hyrule Circuit so much easier somehow!

But yeah I like this combo, unlike the Bone Rattler + Buttons, this one can actually turn.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Also after the last session I still say the lightning rng is totally rigged, I star right before one hits way too much for it to be a coincidence.

Mash out star and bullet bill every time.

Azure J

What the fuck? There's a glider ramp on Mario Circuit GBA? How did I not know that, after almost a year?

You are KIDDING ME.

Any chance I get I try to go for it. It leads to some pretty amazing views of everyone getting plastered on the last stretch while sailing over it all. :lol

Really? >.>
You can actually see it unlike the one on Sherbert

Wait, there's a glider section on Sherbet?

DaBoss

I swear Mute City appears after every Big Blue as a vote option.
Also after the last session I still say the lightning rng is totally rigged, I star right before one hits way too much for it to be a coincidence.

Mash out star and bullet bill every time.
Yea, it definitely is. Getting a star or a bullet bill is pretty much a warning that someone will get a lightning.

Wait, there's a glider section on Sherbet?
lmao

Yea, it definitely is. Getting a star or a bullet bill is pretty much a warning that someone will get a lightning.
More like there are fifty lightnings a race in Frantic and most people here are incompetent boobs who use their lightnings right away without checking the minimap first.

Same thing I guess in the end

Can we nerf bikes again? I need my unfair advantage over Justice now that firehopping was nerfed so hard. (Still there but only useful in a select few scenarios and only for a small, very small boost)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
More like there are fifty lightnings a race in Frantic and most people here are incompetent boobs who use their lightnings right away without checking the minimap first.

Same thing I guess in the end

I've noticed it even in normal. They drop in pairs all the time.

But yeah nobody ever waits to lightning. I did once and someone else got a lightning, so I am terrified to try again.

I've noticed it even in normal. They drop in pairs all the time.

But yeah nobody ever waits to lightning. I did once and someone else got a lightning, so I am terrified to try again.
My rule of thumb is to use my lightning sometime before the next item box. I find that if someone else gets a lightning on the same item line I'll get zapped anyways because I'm too slow, though that's really rare.

EDIT: But yeah I do think the item system is rigged in some ways. In Frantic, if I get a mushroom in 1st, I anticipate a blue shell.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Finally got around to trying 200cc, my usual Bowser setup does not handle this speed well in turns. Gonna need to mess around with the setup, until then I think I found a decent setup with Daisy. Need to relearn all my drift timing at this speed though, as well as learn how to brake drift when needed.

DaBoss

Holy shit, if I were to have won that, that would have been amazing.

I was just spamming the item button hard hoping for the horn, but instead, got a mushroom, dodged the blue shell, and careened off the course cause I didn't expect that lol.

EDIT: 3rd time I drifted the wrong way.

\
Good luck, you'll need it. I tried Dry Bowser in 200cc and it did not end well for me.
So yeah, when I used Dry Bowser earlier I did just fine. Even got a couple wins. Usually placed in the top half IIRC.

Three of were using him, too, along with a regular Bowser. I would like to say we all did relatively fine but I wasn't paying too much attention.

Omnicent

even though I'm tempted to run femvillager, I can't leave #teamRosalina (morton is dead and buried though, though justice and DaBoss give me hope. What kart buikds you use?)

Azure J

I finally get the brake drifts now, yay!

Also, kinda sad I messed up Rainbow Road 64 earlier. Someone hit me and I just wasn't able to recover before getting tossed offstage.

Top Bottom