• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

drotahorror

So you have to get gold medals on all 150cc to unlock 200cc?

I didn't have an option for 200cc, not in time trials or grand prix.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I just got hit by a blue shell. In 6th. That's a new one.

Was actually doing half decent on that track for a lap and a half, somehow.

I love this new DLC. The tracks are great.

I know I said bad things about Baby Park, but it get crazy sometimes and this was only with AI racers.

I played both cups on 50 and 100 cc and since time was running out for me, because I have to go to work, I tried the Mushroom Cup on 200cc to test it out.

It was glorious. I had a grin on my face in all of those races. It's so fast, so awesome.
I'll be back on when I return home from work.

Here's hoping they do another DLC, this game deserves more.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So how do I download DLC2.
I am thick.
please tell me what to do.
I struggled with this last MK DLC.

try to go online, then the game will tell you that it need to restart to upgrade

afterwards I got a pop-up that my new dlc was ready to dl (i had it pre-ordered), if not, go to the dlc shop in game and get it

lewisgone

I'm gonna leave on a high.

Thanks everyone. That was the most fun I've ever had in a racing game, Mario Kart or otherwise. So intense.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely going to have to figure out which button is brakes, but SNES Rainbow Road is not a track that requires them.

narton

RESETTI CAN EAT IT

I finally decided to switch weight classes won 3 ina row on 200cc grand prix, then this asshole comes out on the track and I can't move

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Bikes seem to have the edge here.
Karts definitely need to brake.

Bikes definitely need to brake too, but I can attribute a lot of my mistakes to me being bad along with not knowing a lot of these tracks that are getting picked. Even the DLC1 tracks are pretty fresh since I didn't play much.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot how freaking BEAUTIFUL this game is.

Roo

Bikes definitely need to brake too, but I can attribute a lot of my mistakes to me being bad along with not knowing a lot of these tracks that are getting picked. Even the DLC1 tracks are pretty fresh since I didn't play much.
I never said bikes don't need to brake. It's just that it's easier for them (compared to karts) thanks to the way they handle.

I like all of the new tracks, but I feel the first DLC had more interesting and challenging tracks. That said, the new ones are beautiful.

I'll join you guys in frantic 200cc in a few minutes...

Azuran

Banned
CDRb7OyWIAEZJwp.jpg:large

Isabelle <3

devonodev

Joining the 200cc normal item tournament. 200cc is insane, and I hate it because I've gone from being really good at 150cc, to being absolutely terrible at 200 lol. It'll take some time getting used to.

Edit: Had to join frantic to find people.

Top Bottom