• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

JC Lately

Cool a new GAF tournament code. Maybe this time it will actually place me in a room with actual people in it instead of all on my lonesome. That would be nice.

Probably won't happen though.

phanphare

Banned
I only got to play one track on 200cc before coming in to work ;__;

shy guy falls. it was glorious. inside drift bikes are gonna be that ish.

jholmes

The coins seem to be really hard to get in the Animal Crossing track. Possibly a meta-reference to the games themselves?

150cc: "FUCK YEAH A GOLDEN SHROOM!"

200cc: "FUCK NO A GOLDEN SHROOM!"
It is true.

I really hate how Nintendo does their online updates/DLC downloads... how do I get the patch on my MK8? I opened the game which would usually prompt a patch, but nothing happened and I still don't have 200cc nor the DLC downloaded? I went into the downloads thing and did a software check and nothing. (I live in the US)
Software check is useless as it only checks you can download software. I hate the Wii U OS with how bad it is when it comes to this (there is no manual way for to pick patches off the eShop). I was able to get the 970mb DLC to start by going onto the eShop but the v4.0 patch to actually use it was another matter...

Finally started the DLC download... I had to go into the Eshop and the downloads section and it found there was an update. DLC is 970mb right?
You'll also need the v4.0 patch after that which starting up MK8 and trying to connect to online should make it kick in (as you'll fail to connect due to having an outdated version of the game)

Is that even faster? Sure, it's a straighter route, but you have more speed along the water than in the air.
All the top times in time trials for Big Blue use that route. They spend a lot less time in the air than Gamexplain does and and they're playing as Morton in the Blue Falcon which it would seem is the only thing available in time trial. Strange oversight that, Nintendo should look into it.

I'm in!

Jesus, 200 cc is freaking awesome! I feel like I'm playing F-Zero -- which means I lose everytime!
It is like I'm playing F-Zero GX as Black Bull or Wild Goose. I can't take corners. Hit the brakes they say, they don't help, I take too much speed into the corner to start with and still bang into a wall. It seems having the racing line is way more important as you need that to take turns well.

Hnnng... there's no way I'll get to finish downloading this before leaving for class. Guess I'll just play it this afternoon at a friend's place.

200cc is nuts... I'm crashing on every turn on most courses. Gonna need to unlock this stuff in singleplayer and practice some time trials to get my racing line and braking down.

The HORI GameCube controller (reports as a classic controller) seems to work well for holding down both A and B button on the turns. I prefer it to my real GameCube controller for this since it has digital triggers that require less pressure for drifting /item use.

Top Bottom