• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

bigpumbaa

OH MY GLOB.

The scooter that changes fabrics for each racer.

The bells on Animal Crossing.

The PIZZAS!

Isabelle's adorable reactions and sounds.

The animal crossing results music!

BIG BLUE BEING MT. WARIO 2!

God. Turn the 8 on its side Nintendo and make this Mario Kart infinity. I want EVERY TRACK AND EVERY OLD RACER!

woopWOOP

Anyone triple gold starred any of the 200cc cups yet? It's going to take me a long time.
I somehow managed Bell Cup on the first try with Isabelle (I'm used to lightweights), but the other cup reminded me the AI can be pretty bullshit.

Also good games Elias. Think we had a pretty good rivarly going, ha.

cyba89

Anyone triple gold starred any of the 200cc cups yet? It's going to take me a long time.

I only played one cup so far, but I actually found it a bit easier than on 150cc because the AI often bumps into boundaries.
The bigger enemy here is the track and not the other racers. When you learn the track you can get hit by some items and still finish first.

Revven

Alright guys, if I'm feeling up to it later (kinda felt awful this morning, woke up randomly at 4 AM) I'm going to join you all and maybe stream it. Maybe.

But in the meantime, how's the 200cc? Lived up to expectations?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nice OT, Roo!

I just finished with my errands so I'm free now! :D Right now I'm downloading DLC2 so I will see y'all in 30 minutes or so since I want to try those tracks in 50cc first.

Well no DLC2 for me before I had to study, I deleted everything but Smash and it still wouldn't fit, I have to go out and get a HDD later :( But I got the 200cc 4.0 update atleast and did two cups, my god that speed is really faster than Mario Kart Wii o.o I hit every wall there is to hit and I'm pretty much OHMYGODOHMYGOD all the time, especially when I get mushrooms... I'm honestly contemplating shifting weight-classes again back to my my Mario Kart Wii roots and go with something medium to lightweight in Mario Kart 8. In Wii I'm always playing Bowser Jr. or Koopa but I went with Rosalina in MK8 as I liked the handling better there but 200cc is a whole new game :p

It's really a glorious update, can't wait for the new DLC tracks and GAF races later :D

Addi

So they nerfed the rocket on mute city, instead of taking you to the finish line, it takes you 200 meters and releases you into a wall

I want them to take this alt costume system they have working and sell me DLC.

I think Dry Bones and Paratroopa could make their triumphant return as Koopa alts. It would work perfectly fine, animation wise, yea you'd probably lose Dry Bones falling apart or spinning his head, and Paratroopa wouldn't properly fly, but I think they'd make nice alts and Dry Bones is a super popular MK character.

A pack of red koopa, paratroopa, green paratroopa, dry bones and red dry bones would be nice.

I think they're done with stage DLC, but I could see them continuing to add new vehicles and characters.

Bringing the original guest character, ROB, back would be awesome (with both US and Famicom colors). Plus Diddy and Bowser Jr. And adding cool characters like Kirby or Hammer Bro. And alt toad colors. And Fire/Ice Mario and Luigi. And the Dry Bomber and Wario Bike. And more and more, DLC for MK is great.

I really hope this isn't the end. There's so much more they could do without making new courses.

Neoxon

All we need now are Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, & Captain Falcon and the roster is perfect.
Maybe Sonic & Mega Man since they have costumes in the game already, but they're icing on the cake.

Say I wondered, is DLC2 really 1.8gb big installed? On the download page it's listed as 900mb something and I have 1028mb free but it still won't let me download DLC2 saying I need 1.8gb or something o.o

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That was fun. Definitely starting to get the hang of 200cc after this morning, but there is still a long way to go, especially learning (and relearning) tracks.

Vylash

Say I wondered, is DLC2 really 1.8gb big installed? On the download page it's listed as 900mb something and I have 1028mb free but it still won't let me download DLC2 saying I need 1.8gb or something o.o
it always asks for more space than it actually takes on the hdd since it needs extra space to install

devonodev

200cc Frantic definitely lives up to its name. Thanks for the races, back to GTA V Online to wind down, so much more relaxing.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So I haven't played yet. How do you select 200CC in online mode? Is there an option to play? What's the default online speed, I don't even know. Is there a lot of lag with 200Cc online?

So what's the general strat? You need to break BEFORE a turn, then drift through turns?

Top Bottom