• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Is 200cc the time for my Wendy riding a scooter with cushion tires to shine? Will it finally ascend to something other than hilarious masochism?

Been playing 200cc and the new tracks for the last couple of hours and having a lot of fun! 200cc really is fast and demands that you play the game significantly differently than you normally would on 150cc. It's super exhilarating and the speed feels great, but it can be frustrating when you totally screw up corners and fall off the track in areas that you know you can do perfectly with your eyes closed on 150cc. :p

The new tracks are mostly great, though Baby Park is kind of dull now and I'm not particularly feeling GBA Ribbon Road. Surprisingly, though, I'm really enjoying 3DS Neo Bowser City here even though it was among my least favorite tracks in Mario Kart 7. Don't really know why that is, considering the track itself is mostly unchanged. I guess the gorgeous visuals help, but it just feels faster and more fun here for some reason.

By the way, for those of you who don't have some of the uncommon/rare amiibo but would like to see the costumes in action, I've been uploading demonstrations of some of them! Check 'em out if you want:

Mega Man
Sonic
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser (not rare, but hey)

lt519

Impressions are great, can't play until Sunday though. I knew 200cc would change how the entire game was played, so awesome.

This is undoubtedly a silly question, but the Bowser Amiibo from the Super Mario series isn't specifically required to unlock the Bowser suit, right? I would assume the Smash series Bowser Amiibo would work the same. Just thought it was odd that they included the Super Mario series version in the graphic.

Boney

Banned
Oh this is horseshit, says I need 1.8gb and sends me to data management. I see that the Wii u has over 2gb available but the USB stick is almost full. No problem I guess it installs directly to the USB. Move stuff over and get over 2gb on the stick. Relaunch and I get the same prompt.

Dammit Nintendo what gives!!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is undoubtedly a silly question, but the Bowser Amiibo from the Super Mario series isn't specifically required to unlock the Bowser suit, right? I would assume the Smash series Bowser Amiibo would work the same. Just thought it was odd that they included the Super Mario series version in the graphic.

It's not silly question but both Bowser Amiibo would work. Same for other characters who have double Amiibo.

Porcile

I think the only way 200cc could have disappointed is if it felt like it could of been faster. The way it is right now, I don't think the game would even be at all playable if it was any faster. Nintendo didn't hold back.

cyba89

In 200cc you really have to pay more attention when to drive behind other players. You don't want to accidentally activate a slipstream turbo when there is a tight curve up ahead...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Also tried big blue in 200CC and its freaking crazy.

It's great. I am pretty terrible at the final lap section, but do well for most of the rest of it. Need to get that last part down. Sometimes I end up in a weird drift/float off the track and sometimes don't manage to land back on it. Not sure if it's just me or an issue with that section of the game.

Exile20

I think the only way 200cc could have disappointed is if it felt like it could of been faster. The way it is right now, I don't think the game would even be at all playable if it was any faster. Nintendo didn't hold back.

Ye with practice you can handle 200c especially with track knowledge.

Hazmat

Hell yeah, I've been holding off on getting back into this for the DLC. New tracks, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, 200CC? Delicious.

Hiz_95

I love 200cc, almost makes it feel like a different game, the skill cap will defo be higher and the races rely less on luck. I can see this holding my attention more than stock mk8.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I love 200cc, almost makes it feel like a different game, the skill cap will defo be higher and the races rely less on luck. I can see this holding my attention more than stock mk8.

Agreed. I just wish there was a real single player mode with unlocks and stuff. Like Smash.

Celegus

Oh cool I didn't know the DLC tracks got bumped up. I thought the second group was coming in May sometime. Not much interest in 200cc though, I suck enough as it is.

Oidisco

Been playing 200cc and the new tracks for the last couple of hours and having a lot of fun! 200cc really is fast and demands that you play the game significantly differently than you normally would on 150cc. It's super exhilarating and the speed feels great, but it can be frustrating when you totally screw up corners and fall off the track in areas that you know you can do perfectly with your eyes closed on 150cc. :p

The new tracks are mostly great, though Baby Park is kind of dull now and I'm not particularly feeling GBA Ribbon Road. Surprisingly, though, I'm really enjoying 3DS Neo Bowser City here even though it was among my least favorite tracks in Mario Kart 7. Don't really know why that is, considering the track itself is mostly unchanged. I guess the gorgeous visuals help, but it just feels faster and more fun here for some reason.

By the way, for those of you who don't have some of the uncommon/rare amiibo but would like to see the costumes in action, I've been uploading demonstrations of some of them! Check 'em out if you want:

Mega Man
Sonic
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser (not rare, but hey)

Yea I agree, Bowser City is much better in MK8 for some reason and I'm not a big fan of Ribbon Road. I didn't really like Super Bell Subway either, but in 200cc it's great!

Boney

Banned
If I free space on the Wii u system it'll want to install on the USB that's full, if I free space on the USB it'll want to install on the system

The fuck is this!

Pls guys, halp. The woes of having a Basic Wii u and a 4gb stick

DooD1234

If I free space on the Wii u system it'll want to install on the USB that's full, if I free space on the USB it'll want to install on the system

The fuck is this!

Pls guys, halp
When I was trying to download Donkey Kong TF onto my Wii U, for some reason the system wanted to download the game unto my Wii U rather than my external hard drive because the save file was on the Wii U. I moved my Donkey Kong save file over and itt worked. Try that.

The fuck is this!

Pls guys, halp. The woes of having a Basic Wii u and a 4gb stick

I'll rob a bank so you can get a 32 GB WiiU Boney.

Boney

Banned
I'm on version 4.0 but I don't see 200cc when I go into Grand Prix. Must I complete 150cc to unlock it????
Yes but you can play in versus or online in the mean time

When I was trying to download Donkey Kong TF onto my Wii U, for some reason the system wanted to download the game unto my Wii U rather than my external hard drive because the save file was on the Wii U. I moved my Donkey Kong save file over and itt worked. Try that.
Will give that a try, makes sense it'll stay together I guess maybe I moved the safe file all the time
I'll rob a bank so you can get a 32 GB WiiU Boney.
I'm gonna have to at this rate

Top Bottom