• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

My upcoming baby is happy that this shitty game is a Wii U game because this is a 3DS baby that won't have to ever play this filthy mess:
3ds_light_blue.jpg

And this is why Splatoon might have to wait a bit. My wallet...

Kinsei

Banned
I was second place in a race and used my super horn on a blue shell out of habit. I'm sure whoever was in first must have loved me.

Roo

Made a vid of some of my saved MKTV highlights! It includes Bob-bombing Roo and stealing 1st place, surviving his fire flowers by taking a wider line, bob-ombing Merrick on Piranha Plant Pipeway's final turn, and dodging a blue shell with someone else's mushroom lol. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTbofxvgi7I
Some old ass highlights there D:
I haven't used Tanooki Mario in forever.
I could have won that Thwomp Ruins race if it weren't because of Justice's fireballs.

Edit: it's also weird how a mushroom that wasn't yours helped you to dodge the blue shell.
I always had the impression the boosts you get from someone else's mushrooms were really small/weak.
Seems like they're powerful enough to dodge stuff.

Edit: it's also weird how a mushroom that wasn't yours helped you to dodge the blue shell.
I always had the impression the boosts you get from someone else's mushrooms were really small/weak.
Seems like they're powerful enough to dodge stuff.
Why would the strength of the shroom make a difference? Dodging a blue with a shroom has nothing to do with the speed boost. :p

Been playing MKDS. I instantly got a lot better once my friend told me to not "try to snake" and instead just try to fit in extra MTs where I'm comfortable and that snaking will eventually come naturally.

Still not that good tho, he's so going to kick my ass when we finally play online lol

Anyways, I hope we can get some quality MK8 time together the next couple of days. My new baby is supposed to arrive on Thursday and I'm likely going to put lots of time into my baby once it finally comes.

Roo

Why would the strength of the shroom make a difference? Dodging a blue with a shroom has nothing to do with the speed boost. :p
I think I worded that poorly
It's not really about tthe blue shell.
My comment was more towards the fact I used to think the boost you get from someone else's mushroom was considerably weaker (like a glorified spin boost) compared to the one you get from a mushroom you own like if they were programmed differently.
Apparently they're not that different as Exentryk was able dodge the blue shell and its blast zone.
Perfect timing was key here.

I don't think it makes much sense written here but I don't know how to explain better lol

I think I worded that poorly
It's not really about tthe blue shell.
My comment was more towards the fact I used to think the boost you get from someone else's mushroom was considerably weaker (like a glorified spin boost) compared to the one you get from a mushroom you own like if they were programmed differently.
Apparently they're not that different as Exentryk was able dodge the blue shell and its blast zone.
Perfect timing was key here.

I don't think it makes much sense written here but I don't know how to explain better lol
Shrooms from others are indeed weaker but they're still shrooms so you still get those blue shell-specific invincibility frames.

DaBoss

Now that I think about it, there is one item I like in MK8. It is Bob-Ombs. They pretty much are the same as previous iterations, so it is great because of that.

Roo

I loved that effect Bob-Ombs had in Mario Kart Wii.
The quick camera shake after an explosion made them feel massive and destructive at the same time even if you weren't hit by them.

Wonder why they didn't add such a simple thing to MK8

So like, one of the Nintendo World Cup qualifiers is near me, since I'm Minnesotan and all that.

...I'll be at a Dr. Who convention that weekend.

I am going to go cry now.

GWX

Just joined blamespace on a regional race. Are we going 200cc frantic?

edit: currently playing with PreyingShark on 200cc frantic!

edit 2: Nathan pls lol

GWX

Now that was crazy, so much shit going on for only five players lol

edit: Coaster pls, no need to be salty of the lightnings

..............................................................................................

...Good.

Fucking.

Games.

Oh pls, I've taken way worse Ls on that track. Do I really need to relink the vid of me being hit by that green while in 1st that bounced all the way from 7th???
It wasn't the lightning dodge that did me in.

It was that I got a mushroom that gave me hope and then a fucking red shell came out of fucking nowhere. I can't.

Oh and also I wanted to check up on if my japanese 3DS has shipped yet. It finally has. So I'm in a good mood and will likely join back in soon-ish unless the room fills up.

Azure J

Haha yeah! I haven't gone through them in a while. We've had some great races :D

I still can't believe this happened. :lol

Speaking of horrible L's I've taken, I have this replay sitting here for almost a week now of me using a Bullet Bill on Grumble Volcano that literally got stuck in the wall separating the two paths in the cave for 10 or so seconds before ungracefully dropping me on the floor. Problem is you can't see that part of the replay without watching the full replay and I don't have a capture card. :(

It wasn't the lightning dodge that did me in.

It was that I got a mushroom that gave me hope and then a fucking red shell came out of fucking nowhere. I can't.

Oh and also I wanted to check up on if my japanese 3DS has shipped yet. It finally has. So I'm in a good mood and will likely join back in soon-ish unless the room fills up.

uhh... hmm.

Top Bottom