• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Enforced

I think it is time to be retired from mk8. Seriously. :-/
What? Please don't go.
G9u1Mls.gif

I've decided guys.

I will go into massive debt and move to a certain part of South Minneapolis and get 10 gigabit ethernet for a mere $399 a month. Also, by living by myself I can finally wire up my Wii U. With 10 gigabit net and a shitty USB adapter, I shall never lag again! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Even with an ethernet port, I wonder if the Wii U is even capable of taking full advantage of 10 gigabit net... And yes, it's real lol. That said, when nobody's being a bandwidth whore, when the PS3/4 aren't on because those cause massive wireless interference with my shit, and the router's not being moody then everything's just fine, just fine!

?oe?oe

I use Wifi, and it's still works well for me. Even perfect Smash Bros matches majority of the time.

Though noone is stealing my bandwidth.

I've decided guys.

I will go into massive debt and move to a certain part of South Minneapolis and get 10 gigabit ethernet for a mere $399 a month. Also, by living by myself I can finally wire up my Wii U. With 10 gigabit net and a shitty USB adapter, I shall never lag again! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Even with an ethernet port, I wonder if the Wii U is even capable of taking full advantage of 10 gigabit net... And yes, it's real lol. That said, when nobody's being a bandwidth whore, when the PS3/4 aren't on because those cause massive wireless interference with my shit, and the router's not being moody then everything's just fine, just fine!

Lol. Just wondering if you are sharing internet with family and/or roommates? If you are living in a complex, it may be because of same line for whole building. It happened to me before.

For the record, I actually usually don't have the (severe) laggies as long as Netflix isn't a thing. Can play smash and shit fine as long as my bros aren't hogging the net and the router isn't being moody.

But there was a night recently where the router was just exploding and I was lagging up the room to epic proportions. I believe the game kept making me one of the hosts for some ridiculous reason since apparently I made not just me but other people teleport, too. I think the days surrounding that involved some occasional teleporting, too. But that night was just... hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

EDIT: Oh but recently I have had plenty of DCs. But from my experience the laggier I am the less likely I am to actually get DC'd. lolthisgame

Roo

So I finally had time to check out the entire list of tracks of the newest Mario Kart Wii CTGP update and it's crazy how some of those fan tracks do a better job representing "anti-gravity" than the ones in MK8.
And the thing is, it's only a matter of the camera position

Melting Magma Melee stood out the most.
Sure, it has a lot of issues and something as extreme as that track (camera wise) wouldn't work in an entire game but it sure feels more anti-gravity than most of the MK8 tracks.

Edit: watch it without sound so the cancerous noise (lolmusic) in the background doesn't rape your ears.

Let's ignore most of what Roo said and just take a moment to appreciate that in that video Daisy lapped Rosalina.

EDIT: FUCK I JUST SAT ON MY JAPANESE 3DS FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG
EDIT2: Oh it seems to be okay.

Enforced

Cool. I like it. Made me wish Nintendo bring back raindow road ds next time. I really like that track.
Let's ignore most of what Roo said and just take a moment to appreciate that in that video Daisy lapped Rosalina.

EDIT: FUCK I JUST SAT ON MY JAPANESE 3DS FOR WHO KNOWS HOW LONG
EDIT2: Oh it seems to be okay.
Nathan pls

Not right now but I could get on. I finished grinding for the final boss in Youkai Watch 2 and am taking a break before I go "beat" the game.

Grinded about 10 levels. I don't think I've ever come close to doing that much in Pokemon for just one set of fights...

I just played MK8. Getting hit by so many people which was frustrating, especially the guy in first place just had to be an ***hole and throw a shell right behind me. What bothers me the most is not getting a bullet bill when I needed it. I hate racing some tracks on 200cc. The tracks I like to race on are:

• Rainbow Road SNES
  • ]Big Blue
  • Mute City
  • Exitebike
  • Wild Woods
  • Ice Ice Outpost
  • Royal Raceway
  • Hyrule Circuit
  • Mario Kart Stadium
  • Animal Crossing (fall season)

DaBoss

Rainbow Road SNES is like the best track for 200cc for me. If I'm having a string of bad luck (which is almost always), RR SNES sets that right and gives me a satisfying race.

Roo

I always do bad in SNES Rainbow Road

My brain and eyes don't seem to understand what my hands are doing in that track.
If I ever do ok it's because the Mario Kart Gods feel pity for me giving me a bullet or something while there's a lightning :(

ClueLess

Neo Member
Is anyone currently on right now ? I can play for a few hours after I get something to eat.

My NNID is GoldenKnights if anyone wants to add me.

IntelliHeath tried to get a 150cc thing going. And he got the people. And then he uh I dunno what.

That said, I'll get on now. Will add Knight guy.

Top Bottom