• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

mhs004

I would join but as I can't even finish first against the ai yet at 200cc I clearly need more practice to git gud cause 200cc and breaking is blowing my mind
The first 200cc I played was online and git 2nd. Then got next to last the next race lol. Do it everyone is messing up right now

Azure J

I will retire from Mario Kart forever the day I get 1st place in Baby Park or Neo Bowser in Frantic at 200cc with GAF.

That is some Dante Must Die shit right there.

co1onel

I don't understand how you guys finish in the middle. Im always in the very front or at the very end. If I make it to the middle, I get demolished by items and find myself in last again. If I get in front at the start, I can easily avoid the clusterfuck and stay in front.

Also now that the brake button is relevant, I kinda wish it was mapped to a more convenient button, like one of the bumpers.

DooD1234

I don't understand how you guys finish in the middle. Im always in the very front or at the very end. If I make it to the middle, I get demolished by items and find myself in last again. If I get in front at the start, I can easily avoid the clusterfuck and stay in front.

Also now that the brake button is relevant, I kinda wish it was mapped to a more convenient button, like one of the bumpers.
I believe Y is also accelerate so use that

Neo Bowser City is GORGEOUS! I knew it'd be awesome but seeing it firsthand on my TV.....Blade Runner, son!

Ribbon Road also looks great and Big Blue is pretty fantastic (disappointed to see those dumb arrow hazards though)

Azure J

I always consider SM239 to be the hero of Mario Kart 8. This guy uses ordinary guy Mario in the classic pipe kart (in Mario Kart 8) probably with the classic wheels and does so well.

FUCK THAT.

Can we play 150cc please?

tumblr_nna3v4Vtvk1qdmrf4o1_540.jpg

sonto340

I find it better to keep holding A/Y and just tap the B button. Kinda like a running jump in Mario Bros. that way it doesn't bring me to a dead stop but I slow a little bit. If it were on a bumper I feel like I'd have a harder time drift braking.

DaBoss

Yea...Big Blue is definitely one of my weakest courses. Maybe if I use an easier handle combo with high traction it will become easy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Papercuts mashed that Bullet Bill button for dear life when he saw that I had triple reds lololol

I always mash the item button in frantic because I swear this game is rigged and always gives out a star/bullet bill when someone else gets lightning. I've gotten hit by a split second lightning right before using something like that too many times, lol.

Azure J

Which one of the hater squad hit me with that star/piranha combo when I was getting put back on the track? I wanted a second Big Blue first.

phanphare

Banned
alright I'm bored going through grand prix's

gonna join up, where's everybody playing? normal or frantic?

still pretty fresh to 200cc but I'm kind of getting it......kind of

Top Bottom