• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Neo Dark

200cc is totally worthless. No point in upping the speed without changing the courses to allow for wider turns.

Is there even a reward for getting gold on all the courses in 200cc?

Seems you missed my post from the previous page...
btjTFAc.png

Vylash

200cc is totally worthless. No point in upping the speed without changing the courses to allow for wider turns.

Is there even a reward for getting gold on all the courses in 200cc?
I know it's hard to not be blinded by salt, but 200cc is legit, it's pure chaos and insanity, the very essence of Mario Kart

The big bend before the tunnel that ends the lap. I can sometimes get it with drift braking but it's suuuper easy to overshoot.
Let go of A during the drift before that turn. Just for a moment, to cancel out that MT you probably have charged up. You want to time your letting go so that you slide through part of the turn and when you regain momentum from pressing A again you exit smoothly and are ready to do that otherwise tough turn.

co1onel

I don't think I've had this much fun with Mario kart, ever. 200cc is the best thing to happen to this series. The speed completely changes how you have to play the game.

Neo Dark

I'm stupid. How do I unlock 200cc in Grand Prix? I have a trophy in every cup for 50, 100 and 150. Also is there a GAF room for the DLC? I wanna hop in some matches.

Did you trophy Mirror Mode too? Think that's a requirement. The patch notes were vague by saying earning the cup

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
GGs everyone!

200cc is a really neat addition, though hopefully the 200cc normal lobby is filled later so I can try that as frantic is waaay too much with this. Though I liked embracing the craziness for 200cc frantic baby park, it's way too silly in other races where you get passed by three whizziling bullet bills and hit by lightning at the same time.

Top Bottom