• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Soulflarz

Banned
image.php

FELTROL ARE YOU IN FRANTIC 200CC?

Tried grand prix on 200cc, and got wrecked. I'm not ready for online since the AI was so annoying I'm hesitant to even race with you guys. I'm using Y to accelerate since I want to be able to brake during drifting. I need practice with that since I keep losing control or stop altogether. I wish I could change controls to make X my brake and still use A to accelerate.

Soulflarz

Banned
Communications error?
I won.
The hell :/

What setup are you guys using for 200CC? I usually like to use heavyweight characters with an acc oriented car, but holy shit if you do that while in 200 you get owned. Right now I'm using lightweights only and feel that's the only way to go.

Uhh, slick tires? Jet bike. I love my speed, even if its harder by miles.

Feltrol I'm Chris in there! Which are you?

Azure J

Prepare for immense salt on Cheese Land if you're using a high speed/low traction combo.

Those CPUs may take the shortcuts there and man those shortcuts are godlike.

Cheese Land has so many amazing shortcuts. If you get lucky enough to have triple mushrooms after the first big jump, you could pretty much cheese (ha) the whole level for an entire lap.

im doing fine with rosalina >.>

I refuse to give her up! I REFUSE

Also a bike

the game was too easy.

As soon as I figure out the witchcraft that is using Rosalina on a Sport Bike in Neo Bowser City and Baby Park, I will be totally set in this game.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
What setup are you guys using for 200CC? I usually like to use heavyweight characters with an acc oriented car, but holy shit if you do that while in 200 you get owned. Right now I'm using lightweights only and feel that's the only way to go.

Right now I'm using:

Villager (F)/Comet/Leaf Tires/Flower Glider

Has good handling, and more importantly, 5 accel so I can deal with Frantic Mode.

Azure J

Neon city is my least favorite map for 200cc. I still can't get some of those turns down.

Do you know how bad that stage is for me? I still don't know how to do the FIRST turn without either falling off or ramming into those weird cylindrical protrusions in that section of Bowser's town.

Dude needs some better architects.

DaBoss

So far, I've used these sets:
Mario + P-Wing + Slicks + Gold Glider
RQF5QkW.png

DK + P-Wing + Slicks + Hylian Kite
AL5Mbha.png

So far, I've managed to do well, though some courses (one course I know for sure is Cheese Land) requires a lot of effort. Big Blue also gives me trouble, but I'm not sure if that is due to the set-up I have used.

Stats gotten from here: http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/5196/mk8stats.html

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Do you know how bad that stage is for me? I still don't know how to do the FIRST turn without either falling off or ramming into those weird cylindrical protrusions in that section of Bowser's town.

Tapping on B button when you making a turn.

co1onel

I just brake down to a snail's speed

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I didn't seem to get the 200cc mode when I downloaded the 4.0 update and I don't see it in the eshop either. How do I get it? Do I have to clear every 150cc cup first?

edit: wait, it's only for certain online modes? Lame. I wanted to try it out against AI opponents first.

Top Bottom