• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Neo Dark

of course

Well then...
image.php

I knew I should have just let people trample you at Target that one day.

MrPanic

I recommend someone following me on that water section in the new fzero stage, that one sneaky jump gets me into first everytime.

DaBoss

Is there no way to change to the pro controller without leaving the lobby?
No there isn't. Or you probably need your controller to die. >_>
I recommend someone following me on that water section in the new fzero stage, that one sneaky gets me into first everytime.
Can you upload a video or share a replay? That course really eludes me. Maybe I should try a different combo first before determining whether I just straight up suck on that course.

Azure J

I think I will continue to not use lightweights and try to go for low traction combos cause I think it will make me play better if I use lightweights. If heavies are hard mode, then bring it on.

A better one at that.

Yeah, I busted out Toad for a bit and loved what I was seeing (especially as he is the unsung hero I use in every other Mario Kart), but something about not sticking to the Vanilla Main™ wasn't sitting right with me. It also helps that you feel like a fucking god when you hit the strides perfectly. Wild Woods is SO DAMN GOOD when you get the speed of the heavy with all the perfect drifts and boosts.

Double agreed on Excitebike btw. That level just became so crazy (in the best ways) thanks to all the extra hang time you get taking the ramps.

I started getting more consistent later normally but I was constantly getting ~3rd or 4th place early on 100% thanks to items, lol.

Or you get the dream bulletbill and it lets you off on a sharp turn you have no feasible way of making.

It's weird. It feels like I can hang until I get hit with more than one item on the second lap of any level. While 200cc allows for crazy comebacks on just raw driving alone, the combination of 200cc with the frantic items makes it so you really have to have some good ass luck or a great read when more than 2 people are together anywhere near you. :lol

Also BBs that stop in drifts aren't as bad as fucking Piranha Plants that take an extra bite and give you a mini-turbo before you adjust a drift. YES I AM STILL MAD AS FUCK AT THIS SHIT.

Azure J

I don't see anything that I did so bad to you. I was being peaceful racer and mind my own business until you decided to flew into me when I had a star. Now I get it. Are you trying to frame me?

Yeah because that Captain Falcon of yours TOTALLY didn't run off stage and hit me with a Knee like we're playing Super Smash Bros. Melee Kart 8.

ChrisD

It doesn't. I've done it before a couple of times.

EDIT: Moved it out of range, I mean. Never taken the battery out of it before.

Hmm, guess I was thinking about another game, then. That's a good tip to remember, then, thanks.

And yeah, I would hope people don't pull the batteries out of their GamePad for any reason. :p

What setup are you guys using for 200CC? I usually like to use heavyweight characters with an acc oriented car, but holy shit if you do that while in 200 you get owned. Right now I'm using lightweights only and feel that's the only way to go.

Top Bottom