• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Omnicent

What setup are you guys using for 200CC? I usually like to use heavyweight characters with an acc oriented car, but holy shit if you do that while in 200 you get owned. Right now I'm using lightweights only and feel that's the only way to go.

Rosalina + cat + slims + super glider (pipe frame + standard/buttons/slims/wood + pick a glider). Find one that works for you (I'm still going through it. Right Now I'm still liking cat/sneaker combo for her, but trying the various pipe frame builds. Will also be trying bikes over the weekend)

ffdgh

What setup are you guys using for 200CC? I usually like to use heavyweight characters with an acc oriented car, but holy shit if you do that while in 200 you get owned. Right now I'm using lightweights only and feel that's the only way to go.

Lighter weights with city tripperr and leaf tires.

Azure J

Tapping on B button when you making a turn.

Every time I do that, it's either not enough or I just exhaust all my speed and have to start from scratch. This leads to great moments when the rest of KartGAF come barreling down the road like the stampede in the Lion King. I legitimately want to place high on that stage via Billshit just once to see how the guys getting consistent 1st - 6th place are getting by That One Turn™ and some of the silly upward sections before the rain there.

Edit: Since when is Omnicient a C H I K O B O Y? I associate you with Morton! You guys can't go picking new mains after I made the connections, it was already tripping me the fuck out seeing Papercuts using black Shy Guy and Roo using Dry Bowser. The latter was especially weird since there was a Luigi nearby who I thought was Roo for the longest too!

Every time I do that, it's either not enough or I just exhaust all my speed and have to start from scratch. This leads to great moments when the rest of KartGAF come barreling down the road like the stampede in the Lion King.

I legitimately want to place high on that stage via Billshit just once to see how the guys getting consistent 1st - 6th place are getting by That One Turn™ and some of the silly upward sections before the rain there.
You are cancelling the MT before That One Turn™, right?

MrPanic

The City Tripper with the Leaf tires seem to handle like a dream on 200cc on any weightclass. Been using heavyweights with it.

Kodaman

Seems apropiate
post-49602-tyrion-lannister-if-you-want-j-zLrt.gif

DaBoss

I think, though I'm trying to use the strat DaBoss mentioned and not collect any MT out of drifts on that stage, especially before said turn.
My strat is to get blue MTs out of any turn after the first tunnel until you are going into the next tunnel. Avoid orange MTs at all costs for those turns.

This is mainly for karts though, not sure about bikes.
Can I join in with your guys games?
If you added the tournament codes in the OP, you can join in with people.

This room has no heavyweights.

This is weird.

Since you're all guys... Anyone who didn't pick NBC doesn't have a pair! :D EDIT: Unless you picked Wild Woods. That's cool too.

Top Bottom