• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

ChrisD

See, guys, the Baby Park addition wouldn't be so bad if it was allowed in Battle Mode but like

it's not

The one area where it excels isn't a thing in the game.

Azure J

Baby Park would be better with one fix. Make the guardrails on the outer lips half pipes like the ones you'd find in MKWii.

Instantly more fun while keeping the manic chaos everywhere.

Azuran

Banned
Ribbon Road impressions:

hZbPAjY.jpg

Berordn

Because chaos is Mario Karts MO. Baby Park is the embodiment of everything Mario kart IS.

Still not nearly chaotic enough, though it's a huge improvement over DS's rendition of it. DD Baby Park reigns supreme just because Bowser shells rolling all over the track and giant bananas out of nowhere.

AdanVC

Baby Park at 200cc is like racing a 100m race against Usain Bolt in London 2012 Olympic Games. Plus all the red shells and bullet bullshit wich comes from the Mario Kart Brand.

devonodev

How many people have traded out their super heavy sport bikes? I'm still getting decent results with mine sometimes, but turning so hard now.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Good games, Kart-GAF!
I'm still nowhere used to playing on 200cc; it is an otherworldly experience on certain tracks. I'm not sure if I should keep trucking a blue falcon...

Also, is there some good tip on how not to die at Neo Bowser City, or does it amount to "git gud"?

sonto340

Good games, Kart-GAF!
I'm still nowhere used to playing on 200cc; it is an otherworldly experience on certain tracks. I'm not sure if I should keep trucking a blue falcon...

Also, is there some good tip on how not to die at Neo Bowser City, or does it amount to "git gud"?
Apply liberal amounts of brake.
Liberally.

ChrisD

Good games, Kart-GAF!

Dug up from earlier in the thread:

How to do that one section of NBC:

1) During the right drift, release a blue MT. Immediately start drift left.
2) Immediately tap the brake to maintain your line. How much to brake depends on if you want the coins or not. But you want to tap it on the way *into* the turn because that's how racing games work.
3) Briefly let off the gas to cancel the orange MT and then take a nice, tight drift to the right.

If you do it right then you should be able to take all three turns pretty tightly on 200cc.

It's not that hard guys now stop falling off and/or crashing into the wall.

If you're talking about another section then yeah, it breaks down to git-ing gud-er.

Top Bottom