• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 DLC |OT2| You Got Boost Power!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is it just me or has the item distribution been changed quite a bit in the latest patch? I've noticed I'm getting lots of red shells and mushrooms in first place now, at least in 200cc.

For normal? That'd be interesting.

I got a lot of mushrooms/red shells on frantic but that's a giant pile of bullshit anyway.

Donkey Kong is Ass.

jGoC2oX4CGGEN.png

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Does everyone know you can go Online > Global > Custom Match then choose 200cc?

Every time I've tried it I've joined a reasonably or completely full match (just leave all the other settings as default). Good for when there's nobody in the GAF group.

Edit: Also you get global racing points or whatever they're called, unlike in tournaments, which is great.

But you won't get to witness the salt when they post in the thread after a race.

But you won't get to witness the salt when they post in the thread after a race.

True haha, but I've tried to get onto the GAF group multiple times since the DLC came out and only got lucky twice. Also I saw a lot of people complaining about no 200cc online last night so just thought I'd let people know in case.

Does everyone know you can go Online > Global > Custom Match then choose 200cc?

Every time I've tried it I've joined a reasonably or completely full match (just leave all the other settings as default). Good for when there's nobody in the GAF group.

Edit: Also you get global racing points or whatever they're called, unlike in tournaments, which is great.

I forgot custom existed. Thanks :p Random online 200cc is great. The GAF Frantic room is fun but empty most of the time for me.

I love watching everyone fly off the road in Ribbon Road.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Three things.

-I haaaate Baby park.
-I looove the female Villager, got three super horns in a row while in first place.
-I keep saying "Change Beetle" when using the Beetle kart.

Played like 4 races on No-Coins/Items mode (against hard cpu) with the Villager on the City Tripper.

Neo Bowser City kicked my butt in the first two laps, but I learned to brake and landed 1st.
Wild Woods is amazing, but fairly easy once I used the brake more. (to drive through, with items it may be stupid hard)
Landed 2nd on Ice Ice Outpost, but I agree that it seems easier on 200cc.
Fuck Sweet Sweet Canyon.

Overall, it's awesome and a whole new ball game.
Can't wait until I get more time to hit Frantic, because No-Items was already crazy enough.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man, I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out how to play 200cc. Now I feel like I got it down, so let me help out anyone who is struggling:

You still need to hold on A button the entire race, that doesn't change. The only difference is that you need to cover both the A and B buttons with your thumb, so kind of place it in the middle of the two buttons, but always have A button pressed. Now drift like normal, and tap/hold B as needed while drifting.

It's awesome, it's fun. It feels like a whole new game. Love 200cc!

ChrisD

Releasing the A button to drop orange mini-turbos is about the only time you need to let off the gas. Otherwise, you're right.

BoxcarWalrus

Neo Member
200cc on Yoshi's Circuit course feels like playing a F1 game. Really have to hit those lines and taper your speed to make the turns!

I knew 200cc would add a new layer, but boy does it add some depth!

Razmos

Finally getting around to finishing 150cc in single player so me and my friend can have a laugh riot on 200cc next weekend.

Not going well so far. I'm hoping that I just have to complete every cup, not get gold on them, because yeahh that ain't happening.

New tracks are pretty cool. Love the animal crossing and big blue ones, super bell subway is really cool too.

200cc I don't know how I feel about yet. The sense of speed is really cool, but I'm constantly slamming into walls. One of the first courses that I tried it on was Rainbow Road, which at one point I was repeatedly falling off the edge the second Lakitu set me down.

ChrisD

Finally getting around to finishing 150cc in single player so me and my friend can have a laugh riot on 200cc next weekend.

Not going well so far. I'm hoping that I just have to complete every cup, not get gold on them, because yeahh that ain't happening.

Pretty sure 200cc is already unlocked in Versus mode. No need to grind the 150 cups unless you just want to.

Soooo... does the update happen at different dates for certain regions/countries? I thought the EU one was yesterday? The new cups are still not available for me here hmmm

phanphare

Banned
Man, I spent about 30 minutes trying to figure out how to play 200cc. Now I feel like I got it down, so let me help out anyone who is struggling:

You still need to hold on A button the entire race, that doesn't change. The only difference is that you need to cover both the A and B buttons with your thumb, so kind of place it in the middle of the two buttons, but always have A button pressed. Now drift like normal, and tap/hold B as needed while drifting.

It's awesome, it's fun. It feels like a whole new game. Love 200cc!

now use Y for accelerate ;p

Razmos

Pretty sure 200cc is already unlocked in Versus mode. No need to grind the 150 cups unless you just want to.
Oh, so it is!
We do like to play Grand Prix together though, so I'll probably work on unlocking it anyway, but I don't feel as pressured to do so now. thanks!

AdanVC

Can't wait to get home to play with y'all! It was so much fun yestardy playing on 200cc! Don't know why Baby Park get's lots of hate. It's actually one of my fave new tracks to play on 200cc. It's insanely crazy even more than it was on Double Dash IMO.

Mudron

I updated to 4.0 yesterday but there's no 200cc. Does it have to be unlocked?

Looks like you have to win gold in every 150cc cup to unlock the 200cc option. I only earned gold in a few cups, so I'm stuck having to go back and earn gold in all the other cups this weekend.

DaBoss

I think I practiced enough with Heavy + P-Wing. Gonna use some other karts with heavies now.

I'm in Frantic 200cc if anyone would like to join.
How do you search for a custom game? I thought those were only through your friends list.
You click Worldwide or Regional and then select the bottom option "Custom".

Razmos

Cheese Land is extremely boring, a very disappointing track and by far the worst of the DLC tracks, both in design and mechanics.

Jackano

MK9 should propose 75cc, 125cc, and 200cc.
Completionists still needs to win gold cups in 50cc that is slow as ass.
100cc used to be the one played online and for time trials, don't know if it's still the case however.
Those two needs an upgrade. 4 levels of difficulty is a little bit much for the next brand-new game imo.

Top Bottom