• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

You use it to favourite replays in MKTV so they don't get wiped from recent replays.

Apparently you can save up to 6 replays so I would guess it is to do with that. Edit: Ah favourites that won't get wiped. Figures...

Thanks! A lot of the icons and interface throughout the game do not give away what they do or what they are for. For example, the stamps icon on the home menu took me a little bit to figure out. The what seems like a global design switch across web + games to just using icons drives me nuts.

Got my copy today and I'm loving everything so far. Although, I had to use the Gamepad which isn't comfortable for this at all, especially using Bowser. I'll practice a bit more before jumping online.

Gurrry

I downloaded and installed last night but havent had a chance to play it.

Gotta goto work and do grown up shit, but after that, im in there!

To those of you playing, how easy is it to set up a lobby full of gaffers to race?

Downloaded over night and booted it up right when I woke up. I jumped right into 150cc and it kicked my ass so I did some on 50cc to get used to everything.

MisterM

Is there any interesting artwork on the other side of the box? Where the giant U is?

I remember the Zelda one being fantastic.

I don't know but I can't wait to find out. I've been pestering the missus with messages all day. I don't want to bother her any more, she can rest for two hours until I get home :D

Downloaded over night and booted it up right when I woke up. I jumped right into 150cc and it kicked my ass so I did some on 50cc to get used to everything.

I will play the same way I play every Mario Kart game.

50cc every course until I have 1st place in each.
100cc every course until I have 1st place in each.
150cc every course until I have 1st place in each.

After that I will worry about star ratings.

Is the game better than sonic all stars racing transformed?

Yes.
SALRT
Excellent single player campaing mode

Mario Kart 8
Better tracks
Tight racing (this is probably the most important thing)
Better graphics (comparing it to SASRT in WiiU, not PC with a cleaner IQ)
Better music
Less bugs
Attention to detail
Much better online multiplayer (fast connection, option and objects are really well balanced on online)
Mario Kart TV is amazingly addictive and uploading your favourite moments easy to use.

It's a pity that Mario Kart is hasnt have a good singlplayer mode, with missions and all that stuff.

Davey Cakes

So, are there any decent methods to alleviate the image quality "problem" at all? Like decreasing sharpness on the TV?

Or is it really just a non-issue?

prag16

Banned
Question about MKTV; how long does it take to upload to youtube? I have slow 1Mbps upload speed, so I'm assuming it'll take me longer than the average.

I don't really want to wait for long stretches between races while this goes on. Is it possible to save a race, or clips, and then upload afterward? I thought I read something about the game saving your last X amount of races...

gogogow

Is there any interesting artwork on the other side of the box? Where the giant U is?

I remember the Zelda one being fantastic.

aXR7r30.jpg

Game is pretty and yes the game doesn't have any kind of AA, but while playing you'll barely notice it. Though I do wish Nintendo had added a enhanced photomode to this game, it really deserves it.

Postman just called by, no MK8 - Amazon UK order, dispatched at 4am(!) yesterday, using a Prime subscription

Very disappointed as today is my only day off from exam revision, if it doesn't arrive somehow before the deadline I'll be making a call to Amazon service asking what happened.

NotLiquid

I fucking love this game.

The instant I put on the game I was enamored. I have not been this invested in a Mario Kart game since 64 and I have a feeling it will see invited replays for a long time. It's going to be hard to return to any of the previous MK games after this.

The only thing that would make it perfect is specifically tailored Battle Mode maps. Some of the tracks they made are decent enough for some all-out track bonanza but I really hope they have some DLC in store. Block Fort in this kind of game = fucking incredible.

phanphare

Banned
picked this game up nice and early and got in 3 cups before I had to come into work

hot damn! this game is amazing! Shy Guy Falls man, Shy Guy Falls

I'll join up in for some GAF tournaments later tonight

gogogow

Is there like no options at all in this game? The volume of the game is so low. Well, I can turn up the volume on my receiver, but that would fuck up all the other games. I don't want to constantly adjust it....

Porcile

Postman just called by, no MK8 - Amazon UK order, dispatched at 4am(!) yesterday, using a Prime subscription

Very disappointed as today is my only day off from exam revision, if it doesn't arrive somehow before the deadline I'll be making a call to Amazon service asking what happened.

That's three then so far, Amazon really messed this one up it seems. Though if it's through Prime, does it not come via a courier?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Jesus traffic in London is more hell than ever today

I dont care, I'm gonna squish some slow arse old people on my way to GAME

NOBODY stands in the way of my shite car today. NOBODY

BKSmash

I've been playing for 5 hours, and I thought it had only been 1 !! God damn this game is everything is ever hoped it could be, and MORE!!

MisterM

That's three then so far, Amazon really messed this one up it seems. Though if it's through Prime, does it not come via a courier?

We use Prime for work all the time. Sometimes it comes with the usual post, more often than not it will come later by courier.

Do not give up hope people!

f@luS

More than a member.
played 1hour

am i only one dissapointed by the graphics?

i mean , what amazed me on the videos and screen , is the super clean look , and the lightning.

but in real , its quite jaggy , distract a bit from the rest of the effects.

aanyway its a cool game

Nope. Picked the fastest delivery option (one-day delivery) and it was sent out Royal mail first class. Every pre-order I make from Amazon gets sent that way, only things that are already out get sent courier, for some reason.

I played battle mode last night before bed and I actually enjoy it...but I'm still *really* pissy that they changed it. It was SO close to being great. So close.

Played 4p GP at work today, holy shit it's awesome :) It's SO GOOD being able to play the GP mode with multiple players, love it.

Does anyone know if you can do GP together online? That would be awesome.

prag16

Banned
Takes about 15 minutes at 1Mbps for a 60 second video for me.

Thanks. Ugh that's kinda rough, but not surprising due to the speeds involved.

Is it possible to go back through your last several races later to see what you want to upload (as I said I think this ability rings a bell, but couldn't find anything with a quick search), and if so any details and/or how many races? Or MUST it be done right after the race?

Played 4p GP at work today, holy shit it's awesome :) It's SO GOOD being able to play the GP mode with multiple players, love it.

Does anyone know if you can do GP together online? That would be awesome.

Not "GP", but tournaments can approximate that type of experience if set up correctly.

Tesco order finally arrived , postman was later than usual , so was worried ! perfect timing for my daughter, last day of school holidays yay!

Top Bottom