• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
No, thats when you import something valued £15.12 from outside the EU. Over £15 triggers import duty. Royal Mail pay this beforehand and fill out the customs clearing forms. For doing this (note: it is impossible for a civilian to do this) Royal Mail charge you £8+tax due (which on the example given is going to be nowhere near £8). Thankfully some retailers like Amazon can arrange for the tax to be pre-paid so the packages clear customs fine and no £8 Royal Mail shareholder bubbly tax.

I agree that is a rip off.

I picked the game up from a local walmart last night. Had to ask the person at the register if they had any copies since there was nothing on display. Sure enough, they had a small supply of copies in a box under the register. The guy said I was only the 2nd person to pick up a copy and I was there almost 30 minutes after midnight. What's wrong with people!

Nicktendo86

Huh, that's odd. I read the TAC:

EDIT - Yeah, i'm able to claim it now too. I guess they say 48 hours just to safeguard themselves.

They lie lol, I just went into Club Nintendo, registered my MK8, then there was a banner saying claim your free game. Easy peasy.

Nicktendo86

Because Nintendo? I can't give you a logical answer, I just think when it comes to downloads and the internet, Nintendo is weird, man.

They are really getting their shit together, had nothing but good experience with them since I got my WiiU this Christmas.

hwy_61

Banned
You said this in the other thread, they've done several similar deals with the 3DS and have never had a problem. If anything I've gotten more and better digital service from Nintendo than Sony (and I'm full digital on both consoles and handhelds)

Yep, I did mention this in another thread, that is correct. Also, it's the first time I've done a promo like this, so my expectations were sort based on how Nintendo handles pretty much every thing else on their systems compared to everyone.

It's decided; I'll be trading in a Wii + MKWii for a 199,- euro Wii U + MK8 bundle this friday.
DutchGAF; Gamemania has this offer.

Oh god, I can't find the fucking Wii AV cable (I've been using a component cable). I've gathered everything else. Just called and they won't allow a trade in without the cable.

rawktapus

I need help. Sonic or Wii Party U, GAF? I own all the other games from the promotion.

And I enjoy platformer and party games equally...

Have you tried the demo for Sonic? I liked lost world, but it definitely has some problems. Wii Party U is pretty solid for a party game, so personally, I'd go with that if you think you'll have plenty opportunities for multilayer.

lewisgone

Goddamn Amazon Prime. Why do I have the feeling that if I had just gone for regular first class postage, I would have the game by now? Weird that it dispatched at 9pm last night.

Davey Cakes

I need help. Sonic or Wii Party U, GAF? I own all the other games from the promotion.

And I enjoy platformer and party games equally...
Wii Party U is a better party game than Sonic is a platformer.

If you have friends who are into fun, varied party game experiences then Wii Party U is a no-brainer IMO. It has something for everyone. Makes clever use of the Gamepad too.

Sadist

Oh yeeeeees

j7DdMF8I8NnXc.jpg

See you soon GAF!

Dr Dogg

Well just popped home from lunch and low and behold my copy was waiting on the door mat. Literally had to dust off the WiiU but I've got the feeling after just a few races that the old girl might be seeing a hell of a lot more action in the coming months ;)

Still waiting for my copy from GAME that was apparently posted to me on Tues.

Our post can arrive anything up to 4pm though, and my GF is now at work too so I'm hoping I won't have a little "Sorry, we missed you" card when I get home later.

:-(

Thanks guys, was leaning towards Wii Party U anyway. I regulary bring my console to friends houses.

Just a suggestion regaeding the tournaments, wouldn't it make sense to hide the codes in email tags to keep lurkers out?

MisterM

Ok, lunchtime over. Back at my desk and my bundle still hasn't arrived.

Parcel Force please!! I need this in my veins!

..back to F5ing the tracking page.

OMG! I GOT A TEXT! IS ARRIVEE!!!!!

Of course the day Mario Kart comes out, my GamePad decides it's no longer going to charge. I have a Pro Controller which I'm assuming I'll be able to use, but it's still a pain. Unplugged the charging cable/brick and will try again in a bit. If that doesn't work, I'll try removing and reinserting the battery. If that doesn't work, then it's on to figuring out if it's a dead battery or a bad power supply...blah.

Nice, went down to game this morning and grabbed it, and got one of the pre-order wheels chucked in, along with some gameware wii u starter pack. Picked up the world cup skylander for my kid while I was at it too, and the guy serving me threw in a keyring as well for him. Better experience than I usually expect in there, it's put me in a pretty great mood haha. Cracking the game on in a mo, hopefully I can entice my girlfriend in to racing me haha,

Huh, that's odd. I read the TAC:

EDIT - Yeah, i'm able to claim it now too. I guess they say 48 hours just to safeguard themselves.

Yup, I think they wer ejsut trying to cover their backs with that, had wind waker redeemed and downlaoded with-in 25 mins of getting in the house :D.

seb_n

Its arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 more hours of work then Lets go!

Spoke to the delivery guy, Parcelforce, delivering from Tesco, he asked me what it was as he has had loads of the same boxes to deliver today, sounds positive for Nintendo!

Strider

So am I the only person here that likes team races? Thinking I want my first tournament to be a team tournament... 6v6 gaf action!

beta_fuse

Ok so I was one of the lucky ones who got it early this week and everything about the game so far has been blowing me away...except one thing.

Has anyone else noticed how much worse the rubberbanding is in this game? I can honestly say I have never complained about it, even got fed up of people complaining about it in previous entries, but god damn it's out of control in this game. Maybe I'm just not that good yet but there are times I nail every boost, take every shortcut and dodge every item only to have 3-4 CPUs still on my tail at the finish line. I never remember it being this crazy.

I don't mean to sound like I'm blasting the game, I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing this or if it really is just me sucking right now?

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I managed to squeeze a quick tournament in during lunch. My first impression is that it is going to be great, looks nice in (semi) HD (despite a few jaggies), but most importantly it seems like a nice refinement on previous games. The important thing is it's bloody good fun.

One thing annoys me though, I use the Pro Controller. Is there any way to get a circuit map appear on the main screen? I can't see any HUD options anywhere. I know the idea is to play it on the Wii U remote, but I hate that thing. I just want to play it like the old days.

Top Bottom