• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Porcile

Amazon UK-er's who didn't get their copy today really need to get in touch with CS. Not that I think it will make much difference, but hopefully they realise they've done a shit job and do something about it.

Chaos17

played 1hour

am i only one dissapointed by the graphics?

i mean , what amazed me on the videos and screen , is the super clean look , and the lightning.

but in real , its quite jaggy , distract a bit from the rest of the effects.

aanyway its a cool game
You don't have a good tv, do you ?

i3DdM5RLjZeyG.gif

Two questions. I've beaten all the GPs bar one in 150cc single player mode. How do I keep unlocking characters?

And secondly, how do I shot screen? Does it have to go through Miiverse? That's a bit of a pain if so.

The replays are incredible, though. I was Toad, and Wendy drifts by, and as she does her pupils look over at Toad, then her actual face follows, and then she sneers at him, at which point he (me) boosts away, and her face changes to a determined look. In real time you don't see anything. In super slow-mo the attention to detail is farcical.

You can get a 720p screenshot by pressing Home, opening the Web Browser, then going to any site that accepts image uploads (Minus, Abload, Imgur, even Facebook).

Griss

You don't have a good tv, do you ?

i3DdM5RLjZeyG.gif

Ludvig's animations are the best. Love that arrogant little creep.

As for TVs, I have a great TV, fully calibrated, and the jaggies are blatant. It's still the best looking game of the year for me, but the tiniest bit of AA would have gone a long way.

It's rare that I notice jaggies once things get into motion, but I did at first with MK8.

You can get a 720p screenshot by pressing Home, opening the Web Browser, then going to any site that accepts image uploads (Minus, Abload, Imgur, even Facebook).

Sweet. That's brilliant, thanks.

robot

Seeing other parts of the track in the far far background with tiny karts battling it out really blew my mind, especially in replays.

K' Dash

Stuck at work for the next 8 hours, then got to the gym, after that I'll have this and Watch Dogs waiting for me.

Looooooong day ahead :(

Amazon UK-er's who didn't get their copy today really need to get in touch with CS. Not that I think it will make much difference, but hopefully they realise they've done a shit job and do something about it.

Still waiting here just in case it turns up with the bigger deliveries on the van but, yeah, not too impressed by Amazon recently.

phanphare

Banned
Stuck at work for the next 8 hours, then got to the gym, after that I'll have this and Watch Dogs waiting for me.

Looooooong day ahead :(

7 more hours here

::continues biting nails::

and I got the game early this morning and raced a few cups already. probably a bad idea in retrospect haha. blue
shells
balls for sure

Chatted just now. "Should be with you later today by fast delivery van, contact us if it isn't there by 5pm". However there are delays in Wales and Yorkshire that may affect things.

Really hoping I get this today - I can't wait any more!

Xun

It surprisingly came through the post today (it was estimated for the 3rd June), but I annoyingly can't play until tomorrow due to work. :(

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's downloading! Gonna let it run overnight as my internet sucks, can't wait to play this puppy!

Add my NNID if you wanna play online, I'm in Australia (GMT +10): yuuko-245

Rosur

Still waiting here just in case it turns up with the bigger deliveries on the van but, yeah, not too impressed by Amazon recently.

Yea amazon hasn't been to great with release dates... Though my delivery said its been delivered so should be able to play once I get home from work.

So why not use NNIDs for online Tournaments? I thought FCs were a thing of the past on Wii U.

Everyone uses this code and they all get added to the Tournament. If you want to friend people you still can via NNID.

But if all of GAF is in the same tournament, then we can all play together without even having to add each other. It's like Communities in MK7, Mario Golf, Wii Fit U, etc.

EDIT: "Password to a room" is exactly it.

Canti

I'm coming last in every race D: (GAF tournie). In my defence it's my first time playing the game, I haven't unlocked anything! Still, good games and great smooth connection.

edit: I won one :D :D

mandiller

It's finally midnight in Australia. I'm downloading the game but it reckons the download will take 3 hours. Oh well. Something to play in the morning then!

Top Bottom