• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Chatted just now. "Should be with you later today by fast delivery van, contact us if it isn't there by 5pm". However there are delays in Wales and Yorkshire that may affect things.

Really hoping I get this today - I can't wait any more!

Good to know Snarfington, although the delays in Wales sounds ominous for me. Not sure where they got that from though as there is nothing on the RM site.

Baleoce

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I just boosted after I bumped into someone that had triple mushrooms orbitting them. Cool xD

Jito

Banned
So I'm trying to send my Mii to my Wii U from 3DS now and it keeps failing, what's the deal with this?

Gave up, can't be assed when I just wanna play the game.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The local Game was actually sold out of copies when I checked in today out of curiosity. I think that's s first for any Wii U games around here. The guy behind the counter said they had sold a lot more Wii Us the last couple of weeks too.

Wiiu anecdotally saved!

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
BTW - forgot to get back to you about rubberbanding. Still playing 50cc - kids want to join in and have a go - but there's definitely a bit of it there. Nothing too shocking but it is still there. Time - and more races in higher levels - will tell if it's an issue though.

I've been playing most of the day. You are right. It is there but not nearly as bad as other Mario Karts.

javac

Going to have a quick shower and once I'm done I'll get down to some good old karting.
oltljvq.jpg

The local Game was actually sold out of copies when I checked in today out of curiosity. I think that's s first for any Wii U games around here. The guy behind the counter said they had sold a lot more Wii Us the last couple of weeks too.

Wiiu anecdotally saved!

Good to here! For all it's faults Nintendo sure know how to deliver games..unlike Amazon.

OH YEAH I WENT THERE GIRLFRIEND

prag16

Banned
So can you not make a party with your friends and find a room online?

Apparently not. To play randoms with friends, one of you has to join a lobby, then everyone else try to join that person immediately.

Alternatively, you can make a private room and race with friends only (with or without CPUs to fill out the field).

Feels much worse to me compared to other installments so far. This is the first game where it's been an issue for me.

I haven't played it yet other than at gamestop last week, but based on everything I've seen and heard, there's no possible way it's worse than MK Wii, let alone MK64. Maybe you've had bad luck so far or something?

I'm okay with a little rubberbanding, but not to the degree that it had been in some of the past games, where there was almost no possible way to build any kind of lead over CPUs.

klodeckel

Banned
The plan: I go into this electronic store to get a 4,99 € USB cable ...

... Somehow totally forgot that plan the moment I was in the games area. Went out of the store without money and without a USB cable.

GG Nintendo.

Picked up this game at Walmart last night. Something strange happened. The line to get Mario Kart 8 was longer than the line to get Grand Theft Auto 5 when I got that release night at Walmart.

The game is amazing, I stayed up all night playing and I wish I would have taken off work to continue playing. Online mode is crazy well done and has that Nintendo polish, a first for online mode in my experience.

I cannot wait for GAF tournies they are going to be amazeballs.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Feels much worse to me compared to other installments so far. This is the first game where it's been an issue for me.

I'm slowly working my way through the 50cc class and won't progress until I get first place on each race. I've not noticed a lot of bad rubber banding at all.
Yes you get hit by the odd red/blue shell towards the end but this is Mario Kart.

The plan: I go into this electronic store to get a 4,99 € USB cable ...

... Somehow totally forgot that plan the moment I was in the games area. Went out of the store without money and without a USB cable.

GG Nintendo.

Welcome to the club. The WiiU is the little system that could. You are going to love it.

Tom_Cody

I'm pretty new to playing Nintendo games online.

Is there a GAF community similar to Wii Fit U, or do I have to add everyone's individual friend code / NNID ?

Raven77

Apparently not. To play randoms with friends, one of you has to join a lobby, then everyone else try to join that person immediately.

Alternatively, you can make a private room and race with friends only (with or without CPUs to fill out the field).

Are you kidding me? Nintendo really just doesn't get it. Guess I WONT be enjoying this game online with my friends. Local play it is I guess.

Canti

Had about 10 games with gaffers (I was UK - Yoshi). Fun times, some brutal hits, game is a blast! Have to go but had GG to all.

robo

well after 2 bours of setting up the nipper is now whooping SP lol.

so far impressed with the game pad, a tad large but fairly light for its size.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Is it possible to go back through your last several races later to see what you want to upload (as I said I think this ability rings a bell, but couldn't find anything with a quick search), and if so any details and/or how many races? Or MUST it be done right after the race?

The game saves your 12 most recent races, but you can also favorite up to 6 races at a time that you can watch until you delete them (press + after a race).
You can also see replays your friends uploaded or from a tournament you joined.

Top Bottom