• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

octopiggy

GF just let me know that my uk amazon order is waiting for me at home. Phew! Still been enough of a scare to make me think again about using them for pre-orders.

psychotron

Yes, it's very noticeable to me. Hopefully they will patch it, but it's definitely not ruining the game or anything.

Shit. I never considered myself sensitive to that sort of thing, but after the stuttering mess that inFamous turned out to be for me, I'm nervous.

Raven77

notsureifsrs.png

...huh? Sure it's a bit of an oversight imo, no doubt. However, unless you're looking to roll in a party of six people against randoms, it shouldn't be a huge issue. And if you have that many people, might as well do a private room...

Well how easy will it be when tens of thousands of more people are online over the next few months than there are right now? The game just launched. To say that people who have been streaming it have no issues is a bit silly because the game wasn't even officially out yet.

Need for Speed had a similar "just join your friends public games" method of playing with one another and it was a disaster.

meppi

Im at -2. I dont like sharpness at all. But playing quite close to a 65" Tv.

I'm perhaps 2 and a half meters away from my Panasonic plasma VT60E and the game looks brilliant on my end. :-/

Oh yes, and all those "image enhancing" options are turned off like they always should be.

daydream

Banned
How do you do it? Not tournaments or private matches but public?

I'm waiting on my copy still but I've been concerned about it.

Yeah, like Jucksalbe said, there's a menu where you can easily and quickly join friends. The online is so smooth, you'd be crazy to pass it up.

psychotron

They patched in the ability to lock the framerate.

No, they patched in a cap for the framerate, not a lock. The game has these micro freezes when loading in new areas and textures. Lots of people don't notice is but there are many who did, like me, and it drives us crazy.

Mdk7

Just like i recently did with Godzilla (Gojira-GAF knows me well, lol), i made a tee design and uploaded it on Qwertee to celebrate the launch of the game.
46613.jpg

If you guys dig it, spam it around and leave me a vote: every vote counts to get this made, so i'll definitely appreciate some support.
http://www.qwertee.com/product/defeat-is-coming-through-a-blue-shell
Thanks guys, and beware of Blue Shells!

PS: as a bonus, an avatar up for grabs if someone wants it! :D
Defeat_zpseaf83c68.jpg

Anyone notice the frame repeat thing? I haven't seen it (download version). Could be there though.
Honestly I've only seen it a couple of times only when there's some particles involved (confetti in Mario circuit and dandelion fluff in thwomp ruins) but it hasn't really bothered me at all. I'm also playing the download version.

GaussTek

Can someone from Mexico or Latin America confirm if they got their free game after registering MK8 on Club Nintendo and/or if they had to to something special? (just to be safe :p) Thanks!

Copenap

I won't be able to get online till late tonight will the gaf room still be open? And what is the code?
It will permanently be open, just join it. If for some reason the lobby is empty just post in this thread and I'm sure you'll find people who want to join.

Strider

Still waiting in line at the store :( on a positive note every single one of them is picking up MK8. These people are cool with me.

BM8

Neo Member
I really hope the proper 3D version of Mario looks as good as this.

Possibly even better.

The mk8 dev mentioned there is still some hidden techniques they're sure they haven't discovered yet, to squeeze more juice out of the Wii U.

Will be picking up my copy later, and it'll be MK night for me.

zroid

Banned
Just like i recently did with Godzilla (Gojira-GAF knows me well, lol), i made a tee design and uploaded it on Qwertee to celebrate the launch of the game.
46613.jpg

If you guys dig it, spam it around and leave me a vote: every vote counts to get this made, so i'll definitely appreciate some support.
http://www.qwertee.com/product/defeat-is-coming-through-a-blue-shell
Thanks guys, and beware of Blue Shells!

PS: as a bonus, an avatar up for grabs if someone wants it! :D
Defeat_zpseaf83c68.jpg

That's really cool :)

my first impressions are that this is babbys first kart

It's a great game but I don't think I'm feeling good at all about the simplified-to-shit drift mechanics or the somewhat lacking sense of speed

jaypah

I can't believe this game is out and I have to work until 6pm. The wife and I are so amped! Almost said fuck our preorder and went digital but we both had to work this morning. Better to get a good nights sleep and just binge after work. I am legit hyped!

Mesoian

I can't believe this game is out and I have to work until 6pm. The wife and I are so amped! Almost said fuck our preorder and went digital but we both had to work this morning. Better to get a good nights sleep and just binge after work. I am legit hyped!

Same, but it makes more sense to get in a good day of work, make sure there will be no distractions, have a good work out, a healthy dinner, so the rest of the night can be just Mario Kart.

By the time I'm done with all my responsibilities for the day, Mario Kart should be just arriving at my house.

Chaos17

It's a great game but I don't think I'm feeling good at all about the simplified-to-shit drift mechanics or the somewhat lacking sense of speed

Have you tried the motorcycles ?
I can't drift well with them in 150 cc since they're quite fast.

Nico_D

Kids are playing 50cc Grand-Prix together and I have to wait for my turn. "Boring! Nothing to do! Is this the last lap? Is my turn already?"

So what you're saying is I won't regret buying the Wii U primarily for this game?

It's proven to be a pretty good system for me so far. I've already beaten The Wonderful 101, Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Tropical Freeze, I have Nintendo Land as well, I'm getting Mario Kart and Pikmin (and also Super Metroid, thanks to Mario Kart's CN coins) today, and I'm getting Tekken Tag Tournament 2 next week. And although they're on other platforms, I plan to pick Monster Hunter 3 and Rayman Legends for this system as well.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Picked up my copy from game. Was going to get the digital card from them, but only the physical game came with the free wheel. They were also giving out a free wiiU starter kit with screen protector, stylus, cloth and gamepad case (will be useful to keep the dust off...).malong with the free game from Nintendo I was getting a slightly desperate vibe, but I won't turn down free stuff

Traded in a ton of stuff as they were giving 20% bonus too, so still have £90 left after buying MK8

Now need to decide which game to get. Already have the ones I really wanted digitally, so left with the following choices: game&wariol Wii party U, M&S Winter Olympics, sonic lost world. Leaning towards game & wario but not sure.

For those with the game.....Does it really lack sense of speed?

jwluther

Game is awesome; one change I don't like: I used to be able to hold on to items and still get a new one from a question block. For example, if I had three red shell, I could put them around me and still get a new item. That seems to be gone.

daydream

Banned
Seems like there are at least three different groups playing simultaneously in our lobby at the moment. Rejoined a couple of times and got to spectate on entirely different races.

Top Bottom