• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

komplanen

Gameplay is great but rofl how are some people saying they can't see jaggies? I want the denial coloured shades too. Jaggies up the ass lol.

Having tons of fun though and that's the most important thing :)

Are you kidding me? Nintendo really just doesn't get it. Guess I WONT be enjoying this game online with my friends. Local play it is I guess.

What? It's a minor inconvenience, not an absolute end all to playing the mode... I watched people streaming for hours yesterday with their friends and they never had any issues with the way the system works

Sinthetic

Damn you haven't got yours yet? Don't worry, I'm sure it'll come soon. Don't believe in Yodel. Believe in me! Believe in the javac who believes in Yodel!

Hahahahahaha! Amazing man. I will listen to your words of wisdom.

Hugstable

Banned
I keep hearing people talk about tournaments and I just have to say... How do I join!?!?

My NNID is Huggybear88 and I would love to get into tournaments with other fellow gaffers.

Zafir

YODEL IS A POS COMPANY. (UK courier).

So frustrated. "Attempted" delivery and "left a collection card". What a load of BS. Wife was home all day, did not ring the intercom, did not leave a colelction card. Ring up the driver and he CBF delivering it today because he's going home.

Looks like I'm off to the shops to get a standard copy while I wait for my special edition from the Nintendo UK online store.

*sigh*

Second time I've dealt with this company and second time no delivery attempt was actually made.
Yeah. Common issue with yodel in some areas. Depends who your driver is. Fortunately they've been mostly ok for me, but if your unlucky enough to get a bad driver, good luck. Think the issue is they contract drivers rather than hiring. Consequently a lot have little care. Probably don't get paid enough to care and yodel don't care because it's cheap labour.

rob305

Are there no settings at all for local multiplayer? I'm looking for settings like in the Wii version where you could change the difficulty, item properties and track order for grand prix races

Copenap

The game saves your 12 most recent races, but you can also favorite up to 6 races at a time that you can watch until you delete them (press + after a race).
You can also see replays your friends uploaded or from a tournament you joined.
So that's what that is, thanks!

Jucksalbe

Banned
I keep hearing people talk about tournaments and I just have to say... How do I join!?!?

My NNID is Huggybear88 and I would love to get into tournaments with other fellow gaffers.

Select "Tournament" in the online mode, there's an option "Select By Code", so select that and then enter the code 0015-0254-0763.

Chaos17

Are there no settings at all for local multiplayer? I'm looking for settings like in the Wii version where you could change the difficulty, item properties and track order for grand prix races

Meh, you can do it in all modes except in the Grand prix (frist choixe of the list, sorry I'm playing in french, lol)

So what you're saying is I won't regret buying the Wii U primarily for this game?

I picked mine up for Wind Waker thinking that nothing else was interesting. Zombie U, Wonderful 101, Pikmin, Rayman Legends, Batman Armored Edition later I was hooked and all this happened before Super Mario 3d World came out.

The system is amazing, and my friends and I will actually get together to play games via local co-op just because the system caters to that type of setup. Most fun we have all had with multiplayer since the N64 days.

I should also let it be known that I am primarily a PC gamer and this system complements that gaming lifestyle rather well.

Frodo

I was worried about the jaggies I've seen in some screen shots, but, in motion I don't even notice anything unless I'm searching for it.

Looks great on my TV.

B00TE

In the no com tournament with a friend right now if anyone else is in here. haven't changed my name yet, I'm Dylan.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Yeah. Common issue with yodel in some areas. Depends who your driver is. Fortunately they've been mostly ok for me, but if your unlucky enough to get a bad driver, good luck. Think the issue is they contract drivers rather than hiring. Consequently a lot have little care. Probably don't get paid enough to care and yodel don't care because it's cheap labour.

I think they get paid something like 50p to 75p per parcel.

KHlover

Banned

Versus Mode has it all.

EDIT: What is the code for the current GAF races?

prag16

Banned
Are you kidding me? Nintendo really just doesn't get it. Guess I WONT be enjoying this game online with my friends. Local play it is I guess.

notsureifsrs.png

...huh? Sure it's a bit of an oversight imo, no doubt. However, unless you're looking to roll in a party of six people against randoms, it shouldn't be a huge issue. And if you have that many people, might as well do a private room...

Cheddahz

Banned
Playing with a few people in the GAF tournament room right now and I'm having a blast, though it seems like I'm having bad luck with red shells

akaoni

Banned
The tournament thing is really smart for casual drop-in and drop-out play, though I'm wondering if it creates multiple races with region as a priority or something, just Eurofolk here though I know the timezones.

Reknoc

Ah here it is, been told there's no package waiting for me, unsurprising and made some snarky tweet and that cause yodel to contact me so now I'm trying to get them to find out where my package was "delivered"

Hasney

I've not tried them personally, but there was a lot of talk about customisation of matches in the Direct. I can't imagine they made them online only, did they?

Jucksalbe

Banned
How do you do it? Not tournaments or private matches but public?

I'm waiting on my copy still but I've been concerned about it.

You can see if your friends are playing in a friend list (in the game). You can simply join them from there, no matter what they are playing online at the moment.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Playing with a few people in the GAF tournament room right now and I'm having a blast, though it seems like I'm having bad luck with red shells

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question or if I missed it in the OP, but is there one GAF room everyone is using?

llehuty

Anyone notice the frame repeat thing? I haven't seen it (download version). Could be there though.

I've noticed it, but only when I was really focused trying to notice it. Kept playing after that without problems, too much going on most of the times :D

VICI0US

What TV ads anti-alliasing to video games? That does indeed sound like a really good TV.

Poorly calibrated tv's, tvs with post processing effects enabled, improper sharpness settings, etc.

Games look night and day different with proper calibration, post processing disabled, and pc mode enabled on my 50" samsung

1up

Protip: Your coin collection counter gives you one item per main screen visit.

Example: If you get 300 coins online you should get 3 kart items. If you go to the main screen you'll only get 1 of those items. You have to go to the main screen 2 more times for the other two items.

What TV ads anti-alliasing to video games? That does indeed sound like a really good TV.

Well, a lot of people have the sharpness setting way too high, so that will obviously pronounce the aliasing.

Anyone notice the frame repeat thing? I haven't seen it (download version). Could be there though.

Yes, it's very noticeable to me. Hopefully they will patch it, but it's definitely not ruining the game or anything.

Baleoce

The way the music interacts on Dolphin Shoal is really weird.

You start off underwater, the music starts with the underwater variation. But you keep popping in and out of the water, music doesn't change, that's fine.

It's not until halfway through the lap that the sax variation begins as you surge out of the water. Which is fine, it makes sense, it's the first time you're out for an extended period.

But then you go underwater again, and it stays with the sax. And it doesn't revert back until you cross the start / finish line, then it suddenly goes back to the underwater variation again. Kind of odd xD

Top Bottom