• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Someone in here that redeemed the Club Nintendo Code - could you please tell me, if it's really possible to redeem it and then choose the free game at a later time? I just want to make sure that it's possible.

Yes. That's what I've done. Registered my pin#. I'll chose what game I want later.

Dr Dogg

The replays are insane! Some cracking camera angles and positions and with added DoF as well. Even a clunky race looks awesome.

bounchfx

blue shell. every. fucking. time. I wish I could turn it off. I don't mind anything else.

I've had about three occasions now where I'll get a great item when I'm behind (like the 8), and immediately (literally immediately) get thunder'd after and lose it.

also I wish it would stop asking if I wanted to post to miiverse. Is there any way to turn this off?

aside from minor gripes the game is GORGEOUS and plays so well

chadboban

Yeah I would rather have the babies out if I could pick. The Koopa Kids are fun, but there's just so many koopas if you count Koopa Troopa and Lakitu.

And about Mt. Wario, I just felt it was too long. I only played it once though so maybe I'll change my mind. Zig zagging through trees was fun.

Also we seriously need a MK8 picture thread.

CNj7abl.jpg

Rbbb3xd.jpg

q2VFlwg.jpg

hKb6rba.jpg

2XQUNET.jpg

Ju64Ywb.jpg

That last DK one is incredible. I love his expressions in this game.

:(

I really wanted to buy this today.

It shouldn't stop you. It's noticeable but it's not distracting at all, not even close to being 1% of a dealbreaker

but this fucking boomerang and this god damn rubberbanding tho

this game is like a drug, the kind you crave until you have it, and then comes the regret lmao

(buy it and pick up a scream pillow too)

blue shell. every. fucking. time. I wish I could turn it off. I don't mind anything else.

I've had about three occasions now where I'll get a great item when I'm behind (like the 8), and immediately (literally immediately) get thunder'd after and lose it.

also I wish it would stop asking if I wanted to post to miiverse. Is there any way to turn this off?

aside from minor gripes the game is GORGEOUS and plays so well

So online you can't customize the items? That sucks =/

oatmeal

Banned
The music keeps skipping on me...reall strange it was great last night.

Digital version.

load times are bizarre now too...maybe I need to restart the system.

Guys

I'm really close to buying a Wii U, pretty much just for this game and like two others. Please, talk some sense into me. Am I doing life right??

Enlil

WOW, everone saying nobody has a wii u. I thought after work gonna grab this game for my brother,.....but no, sold out everywhere.

phanphare

Banned
Guys

I'm really close to buying a Wii U, pretty much just for this game and like two others. Please, talk some sense into me. Am I doing life right??

considering you waited this long to get one in the first place...

no you are not doing life right

but getting a Wii U with Mario Kart 8 will put you back on the right track
shy guy falls

prag16

Banned
:(

I really wanted to buy this today.

Nobody's stopping you. I picked it up at best buy during lunch, and I got in a couple quick races at the demo kiosk since I can't play until a few more hours (damn work0.

When I focused on background elements purposely during a turn (so that the background was panning at moderate speed) I could see the tiny hitch. But when focused on my racer and the track/obstacles ahead I didn't once notice it.

Maybe you're more eagle eyed than I, but for me it's not going to be an issue whatsoever.

RaptorGTA

Man I cant wait to get home and play this game. Gonna bring it over a friend house and have a Mario Kart night. Gonna be awesome!

Only one gamepad can be used on the Wii U at a time right?

Guys

If you can still afford to keep a roof over your head and food in your mouth after buying a Wii U and MK8, then you're doing life right.

Blues1990

Just got my copy from Target this morning! Going to start playing and unlocking things in a bit but don't feel afraid to add me! Also gonna have a friend over to play this game for hoursssss

NNID: Revven

:D

I've just send you a request, but given my copy has been badly scratched, I won't be able to play until I sort it out with the EB Games I've went to.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Guys

If you can afford it and understand that there's going to be virtually zero third party support in the future then go ahead. It's already got a very solid library of first party titles.

NEO0MJ

So, does anyone have any idea of how many coins are needed to unlock all the non-gold vehicle parts?

Guys

If one of the other games is The Wonderful 101 then yes.

Koodo

Banned
bye, how are y'all posting these screens.

Also, the qorls get so SHOOK when you honk the horn in the starting line.

f@luS

More than a member.
I keep to be annoyed by the aliasing. Maybe i was expecting it to be si clean from the pictures and vidéo

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/621207image348.jpg

Just took this. I needed to pause but u can see on the fences on left side. Its everywhere. I really dislike < 1080p. Mostly with no AA solution. I think that mario 3D is better looking and cleaner

But game is really good

Off to the mall to pick this up. So excited. I don't have a preorder but there's both best buy and gamestop right there so I should be good.

I think I'm actually going to give up getting 3 stars on all cups for the mean time. There's too many times where that stupid coin leaves you defenceless.

Anyone here in the tournament?

Holy shit.

Just had an email from Nintendo about the Yodel fuck up. They are now saying they are working with Yodel to get it delivered for tomorrow before 12 but have also given me a download code for the game.

Downloading now. That's amazing of them.

DedValve

Banned
Estimated Delivery:
Friday, 06/06/2014

Last Location:
Urbancrest, OH, United States, Friday, 05/30/2014

WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK BESTBUY!?!? NY area here :(

Last time I pre-order from this site. Any other people pre-ordered from BB onilne?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Guys

It's honestly the perfect companion to a gaming PC/PS4/XBone. If you've got one of those already and can afford a WiiU than it has already a really solid library and it' soon a have probably so ore more masterpieces when all is said and done, if you can afford it go for it.

It just can't sustain itself as your only gaming platform, but I own all the platforms mentioned above and I'm very happy with my purchase, if I had to choose only two of those than one of them would definitely be a WiiU.

If you're still on "old-gen" and can afford only one gaming platform then I can't in all conscience recommend it, unless you can't live a gaming life without Nintendo's franchises.
It also goes without saying that if you're interested in retro gaming the WiiU is pretty much the best console ever conceived: Wii, GBA, NDS, N64, Super Nintendo, TG16, Neo-Geo, Megadrive, Master System, C64, NES. Even more if you're going to softmod it (GameCube, Amiga, DOS...)

&#3900; &#12388; _ &#3901;&#12388; RAINBOW ROAD &#3900; &#12388; _ &#3901;&#12388;

Holy shit.

Just had an email from Nintendo about the Yodel fuck up. They are now saying they are working with Yodel to get it delivered for tomorrow before 12 but have also given me a download code for the game.

Downloading now. That's amazing of them.

Niiiiiiiiice

Leatherface

Okay damn it. I'm buying a Wii-U bundle right god damn now. I can't take it. What are the best bundle deals right now?! Hook a brotha up!!

Top Bottom