• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

ciD_Vain

The super horn is amazing. It's already saved me from 3 blue shells. The best time was when I got it in 3rd place towards the end of the 1st lap and I held onto it until the end. I managed to race my way to first the rest of the game and save myself from a blue shell

Nico_D

Anyone else having connection error? Tried thrice joining a game, even got to almost end one of those races when I was dropped with a connection error.

It shouldn't stop you. It's noticeable but it's not distracting at all, not even close to being 1% of a dealbreaker

but this fucking boomerang and this god damn rubberbanding tho

this game is like a drug, the kind you crave until you have it, and then comes the regret lmao

(buy it and pick up a scream pillow too)

That's the problem for me. If it's noticeable, it's distracting.

Hearing all the complaints about overbearing AI also kinda scares me away, for now. I remember hearing the horror stories about MK Wii, and I never bought that one for that reason. Only MK I've ever skipped.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Guys

I'm really close to buying a Wii U, pretty much just for this game and like two others. Please, talk some sense into me. Am I doing life right??

buy a WiiU for three games, stay for W101, Pikmin 3, Lego City, MK8, SM3DW, Tropical Freeze, Rayman Legends, ZombiU

Mesoian

Okay damn it. I'm buying a Wii-U bundle right god damn now. I can't take it. What are the best bundle deals right now?! Hook a brotha up!!

Might as well just get the MK8 bundle. That'll get you a free game which, if you're in the UK, you should use on the Wonderful 101 or if you in NA, you should use on Pikmin 3.

Okay damn it. I'm buying a Wii-U bundle right god damn now. I can't take it. What are the best bundle deals right now?! Hook a brotha up!!

The MK8 Wii U bundle is the best thing going right now. And if you want it today, your best price will be at Target if you are a Red Card holder (you can get either Debit or Credit versions of the card), as you'll save 5% on all purchases made with the card.

Wow my Yodel tracking updated... and it's literally at the same place :mad:
f3a26b4a57.png

They're probably playing on your copy :p

Rosur

Holy shit.

Just had an email from Nintendo about the Yodel fuck up. They are now saying they are working with Yodel to get it delivered for tomorrow before 12 but have also given me a download code for the game.

Downloading now. That's amazing of them.

damn that is good

Holy shit.

Just had an email from Nintendo about the Yodel fuck up. They are now saying they are working with Yodel to get it delivered for tomorrow before 12 but have also given me a download code for the game.

Downloading now. That's amazing of them.

oh wow I just realized that I got the same email :D

Exile20

The Mario Kart bundle.

Or you can buy a refurb from Nintendo for 200 and then MK

Can't go wrong. Dont forget your free game.

Robin64

It really needs to merge groups. The one I was in just got smaller and smaller, so I backed out and went back in to find a huge (but not full) group playing too.

Estimated Delivery:
Friday, 06/06/2014

Last Location:
Urbancrest, OH, United States, Friday, 05/30/2014

Last time I pre-order from this site. Any other people pre-ordered from BB onilne?

i preordered from BB, and finally got the shipment email this morning.

it didn't show an estimated delivery date yet though, which has me worried seeing this......
i usually always preorder from Amazon, and Prime has never let me down like this. ugh

Just played the Mushroom cup.

OH MY GOD. So amazing.

Though I dunno if something is wrong with my Pro Controller stick or that Marios default kart doesnt turn very well.

But damn. This game is chaos!

Bert

Goddammit this thread is killing me, the game sounds amazing.

Why did I have to order through Nintendo!?

My package has been showing on Yodel as "Recieved at service centre" since 5am! What are they doing? I bet all the delivery men are having a MK tourny :/

prag16

Banned
Estimated Delivery:
Friday, 06/06/2014

Last Location:
Urbancrest, OH, United States, Friday, 05/30/2014

WHAT THE GODDAMN FUCK BESTBUY!?!? NY area here :(

Last time I pre-order from this site. Any other people pre-ordered from BB onilne?

I did, but for store pickup.

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

bounchfx

nothing like being in first for 90% of the match then getting hit by 5 things in a row at the last second, causing me to place 5-6th EVERY SINGLE ROUND THAT CUP.

T_________T. fuck you, Leaf Cup.

DedValve

Banned
i preordered from BB, and finally got the shipment email this morning.

it didn't show an estimated delivery date yet though, which has me worried seeing this......
i usually always preorder from Amazon, and Prime has never let me down like this. ugh

I was going to pre-order from prime but never pre-ordered a game before. I was told bestbuy ships immediately and guarantees day 1. Then add the $10 gas card promotion I thought it'd be a good deal :(

Fuck best buy.

Hasney

Decided to have my first online match with randoms, worked so smooth I felt like this:

tumblr_n6d5dzFQUu1rofocqo1_500.gif

I think it's the best MK ever in terms of racing. Add battle arenas and it'll be my favorite ever.

The reaction was helped by the fact I won.

Spinluck

Might as well just get the MK8 bundle. That'll get you a free game which, if you're in the UK, you should use on the Wonderful 101 or if you in NA, you should use on Pikmin 3.

Yup, I was so close to using it on WWHD, but I figured I might as well use it on a game I didn't get to play that much instead of a remake of a game I've beaten too many times. I'll get it when it's like $20. Which will probably be by the end of the generation since Nintendo never lowers their shit.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
PSA: People who pre-ordered from Nintendo's Online Store, if you haven't received the game today, just hit them up with a query/complaint and you might get a free download code for the game, friend just got it.

blitz64

FYI, Gamestop will probably refuse to sell you a copy on release day if you don't have a preorder.

Or they will give you a 5 minute lesson on why you should preorder.
Then they will sell you one.

After my 5 minute lesson in the past, I never bought from GameStop. All digital now

Llyranor

If I play this with an online friend, can we:

1) play this together with other random online players as well?
2) play 'Grand Prix' with AI together?

Am I the only one having problems with the YouTube uploading?

Every time I try it says it's going to take 30 minutes+ so I've only gotten one up so far before I went to bed last night :/

Zomba13

We should add Mii names to the spreadsheet since that's what gets displayed during the game

I wish Nintendo would just be consistent with that shit. My NNID is Zomba13, some games show that, other show my Mii which is Ian. I raced online and saw it showed Ian so I just went in and changed my Mii name to Zomba13.

If I play this with an online friend, can we:

1) play this together with other random online players as well?
2) play 'Grand Prix' with AI together?

Yes to both. Online can be alone or with one other person on the same Wii U.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Don't have the game yet and the OP doesn't say, but how do you guys are already reaching together with other gaffers?

Iirc there was a way to enter tournaments or maybe use hashtags?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
YES!!! It's here, courier literally just knocked at my door!

Hit me on miiverse my fellow gaffers!

NINTENDO ID:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/dash.kappei

Edit:
how come you guys are already racing together with other fellow gaffers?
Iirc there was a way to enter tournaments or maybe use hashtags? I want to get in the GAF fun myself, damn :p
Does the game have voice chat through the gamepad, how does it work in-game?

Forkball

I am getting wrecked online. My best place is 5th. At least they aren't too strict with the points. I'm sitting at an accomplished 1012!

Zomba13

Don't have the game yet and the OP doesn't say, but how do you guys are already reaching together with other gaffers?

Iirc there was a way to enter tournaments or maybe use hashtags?

There is a code for the "neoGAF |OT| weekly ∞" tournament somewhere here.

Here it is: 0015-0254-0763

B00TE

cleared all of 100cc with my brother, the AI can get rough at times. can only imagine it on 150cc. I freakin' love this game.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
YESSSSSSS @ Wendy O. being in my favorite weight class! My fave of the koopa kids too (along with Roy)! I main Peach, but she's gonna have to make room for my girl Wendy <3

DedValve

Banned
I keep refreshing the ups page and keep getting my dreams crushed :(

I could have been playing this already :(

I think I'll contact Best Buy customer service though I doubt I'll get anywhere. Still outraged by this.

Mumups

The yodel courier has had my game since 10 this morning. It's now 10 past 6 in the evening.
Not ordering from nintendo again.

Top Bottom