• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

ffdgh

Anyone else noticed Badwagon's speakers pulse to the track music?
KuGsj.gif

Playing electrodrom(and every other track) is soo good <3

BashNasty

I love the fact that Tick Tock Clock is one of the remade courses, that was probably my favorite out of the DS courses. Overall all the remakes are really, really well done. The tweaks and changes turn all of them into better courses, and the new HD shine is stunning to see.

Llyranor

I wish Nintendo would just be consistent with that shit. My NNID is Zomba13, some games show that, other show my Mii which is Ian. I raced online and saw it showed Ian so I just went in and changed my Mii name to Zomba13.

Yes to both. Online can be alone or with one other person on the same Wii U.

So, I could play with someone local, with 2 online friends who'd be on a single console, against a bunch of other online players/AI as well, including Grand Prix tournaments?

lewisgone

My first failed release date delivery and it's from Amazon Prime. I guess I'll start playing with you all tomorrow.

It won't be the same

Took a few races but I am once again a master at the wheel. Surprised to see so many people with gold wheels

This game is so darn fun and the online play is great. Can't believe how quickly I was able to connect.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
There is a code for the "neoGAF |OT| weekly &#8734;" tournament somewhere here.

Here it is: 0015-0254-0763

Awesome, thanks!
I don't understand how it is going to handle being a weekly tournament tho, it'll change code every week or stay the same? Basically it keeps track of wins and crowns the racer which has the most at the end of the week I guess?

Can't wait to fire up the game after dinner, the wait is killing me :p

Zomba13

I assume you have to beat 50CC to unlock characters?

Characters unlock randomly by getting a gold in a GP, any cc as far as I know.

So, I could play with someone local, with 2 online friends who'd be on a single console, against a bunch of other online players/AI as well, including Grand Prix tournaments?

I don't think you can do Grand Prix online, I think online is just against other players so no AI.

Copenap

Awesome, thanks!
I don't understand how it is going to handle being a weekly tournament tho, it'll change code every week or stay the same? Basically it keeps track of wins and crowns the racer which has the most at the end of the week I guess?

Can't wait to fire up the game after dinner, the wait is killing me :p
The rankings will reset each monday, everything else should stay the same.
Edit: Gonna jump back into tourney gaf
Code: 0015-0254-0763

Kinsei

Banned
Only had to work half a day instead of a full day. Hooray!

I'm currently uploading my first MKTV video. Talk about a series of unfortunate events. I've never had that combo used on me before in any Mario Kart game. I wanted my first upload to be my first Thwomp Ruins race, but MKTV decided not to show the moment when I destroyed a blue shell with a super horn no matter what parameters I set for it.

Sigh.... really Nintendo?

31Asrog.png

You want me to remove the music?

Nintendo made no secret about MKTV videos being automatically content ID'd. It's not a copyright strike so you have nothing to worry about.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
My first failed release date delivery and it's from Amazon Prime. I guess I'll start playing with you all tomorrow.

It won't be the same

I was standing outside my local indie before it opened this morning. It was worth it.

Azuran

Banned
Haha, races with GAF are freaking fun. So much chaos.

Feel free to add me if you want. I have plenty of spots available on my friend list. NNID is Ahzuran.

I keep refreshing the ups page and keep getting my dreams crushed :(

I could have been playing this already :(

I think I'll contact Best Buy customer service though I doubt I'll get anywhere. Still outraged by this.

just go to any store today and buy it.

when your BB copy finally arrives, don't open it and return it to BB store for a refund.

Zomba13

So can me and the online friend play with AI at all when online, then?

Don't think so. Not tried any friend matches though so no idea if there is an option there for AI. I've done some online battle and racing and it's just against whoever is in the lobby with you. No AI.

Yo, I take issue with the egg on Yoshi Valley and how it's practically the only obstacle in the game that doesn't push you away from it when you hit it. You literally just get stuck for 5+ seconds. Fuck that

YES!!! It's here, courier literally just knocked at my door!

Hit me on miiverse my fellow gaffers!

NINTENDO ID:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/dash.kappei

Edit:
how come you guys are already racing together with other fellow gaffers?
Iirc there was a way to enter tournaments or maybe use hashtags? I want to get in the GAF fun myself, damn :p
Does the game have voice chat through the gamepad, how does it work in-game?

Just added you to my firendlist DashKappei.
Theres and gaf tourney ID if you quote the OP. Anf theres no voice chat, only predone messages.

Absolutely loving this game. Electrodome, Mount Wario, and Rainbow Road are my favorite new tracks so far. But what is the "+" button at the end of races for?

Also, add me GAF! I added my name to the list. It's "Michael_Double_U".

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Absolutely loving this game. Electrodome, Mount Wario, and Rainbow Road are my favorite new tracks so far. But what is the "+" button at the end of races for?

To star the race replay as a fav. I think it keeps it from being overwritten by recent replays in MKTV.

Edit: beaten with a triple mushroom.

Hasney

So everyone that had issues with Nintendo are getting an MK8 download code with a free game and a physical copy with a free game and can sell the physical, plus the extras?

Awesome from Nintendo if that's the case.

You can save up to six MKTV races.
I use the buttonm for online races I like, so then I can enter the MKTV menu and watch them there, and if they are good, upload them.

EDIT: Beaten like someone that got a coin in first place and was hit with a red shell.

Zing

Banned
I thought Nintendo would have a MKTV channel and everyone uploaded to that. Now I see that you need your own google account. No thanks.

Also, is there a way to get a rear view? I'm used to looking behind from MK7.

It's much harder to get coins here than MK7. Maybe I just suck at the controls.

In regard to the stutter. I don't see it. Well, I don't see a stutter every second as the 59fps reports suggest. I see a stutter every ten seconds or so, but I don't think that's related to the framerate.

Top Bottom