• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Isotope

When I went to pick up MK at Gamestop this morning, I saw 4 people picking up the MK8 console bundle. One guy had his son with him, and he looked liked the happiest kid in the world when he got the console. Was a nice moment to see.

I thought Nintendo would have a MKTV channel expand everyone uploaded to that. Now I see that you need your own google account. No thanks.

Also, is there a way to get a rear view? I'm used to looking behind from MK7.

It's much harder to get coins here than MK7. Maybe I just suck at the controls.

You dont need to upload them to youtube, you can upload them only to miiverse if you want.
EDIT Oh you mean have their own youtube channel so you can ulpaod them there. With so many videos that channel would turn pretty crazy.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Gamestop guy said 30 pre-orders for Mario Kart. Honestly cannot wait to see how much Wii U units this game pushes. Will have to wait until after work to finish unlocking all tracks...

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The online is chaotic but very smooth and I've had no connection issues in the multiple races I've done so far. Mario Kart Wii was pretty disappointing imo but this is the complete opposite. Fantastic game and it looks gorgeous.

When I went to pick up MK at Gamestop this morning, I saw 4 people picking up the MK8 console bundle. One guy had his son with him, and he looked liked the happiest kid in the world when he got the console. Was a nice moment to see.

Before work I grabbed donuts at Wal-Mart this morning. Behind me in the checkout line was a little girl with her dad holding a copy of MK8. Actually brought a smile to MY face, seeing firsthand evidence that Nintendo still matters to some kids.

atr0cious

Since the game is pretty much fully out, should we make a separate thread for tourneys? No one is going to want to sift through the OT for tourney codes.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
muahahah good games y'all, do I suck or do i suck? I totally HAD that Shy Guy Falls
yeah sure

man, the online matchmaking is so smooth, tons better than MKWii

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
played 3 courses in the gaf room, got butt kicked..back to practice for me!

I think everyone picking up the game was in their 20's. Kids around here only care about Call of Duty and such. It is like that Pokémon/CoD picture that has been going around the internet. It is so true down here in the Gulf.

Just picked this up at GameStop on my lunch break. I was scolded for not pre-ordering, lol

To be fair, that is the only way those employees make money. Plus, pre-ordering meant you got two posters, which was a plus. Still though, I can relate. I got annoyed a GS employee was trying to get someone to pre-order Mad Max for 10 minutes. Could have played another cup if it was not for that!

Zing

Banned
I joined that room. Not sure how this will go. I played through 100cc mushroom cup so far and got three stars, but that is literally it.

cacildo

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01q1s3a.jpg

also, how can i get into "gaf room"? My name is on da list

Strider

Played a few n the gaf room. The online is amazing! Gonna grab some lunch then unlock some tracks. I'll be back online tonight I'm sure. Gotta move up the tournament standings!

noomi

For those that already have the game, I have a question about local multi-player.

If I wanted to play 2 player local, would I be able to have one player on the gamepad and the other on the TV in order to avoid doing split screen?

rnaud

I played half the cups yesterday split screen with a friend, had a blast, can't wait to know all the tracks by heart.

On another note, I felt like the camera was weird, there was a delay between my turn and the camera turning. It gave it kind of a nice feeling, but the downside is that I do not see the exit of my turn, so it's pretty hard to know what to expect. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

Omzz

For those that already have the game, I have a question about local multi-player.

If I wanted to play 2 player local, would I be able to have one player on the gamepad and the other on the TV in order to avoid doing split screen?

No. have to play split screen

Kinsei

Banned

No.

nope.. blue shell me if i'm wrong though

DedValve

Banned
just go to any store today and buy it.

when your BB copy finally arrives, don't open it and return it to BB store for a refund.

Sold out at all the nearest best buys & gamestops :(

Which I guess is good news for the wiiU. Not for me :(

I'm thinking of going down fordham road, a sears, a bestbuy, 3 gamestops, 4 mom&pop shops and like 7 shops that sell games. Impossible not to find one. The thirst is real and I get to keep my $10 card.

I played half the cups yesterday split screen with a friend, had a blast, can't wait to know all the tracks by heart.

On another note, I felt like the camera was weird, there was a delay between my turn and the camera turning. It gave it kind of a nice feeling, but the downside is that I do not see the exit of my turn, so it's pretty hard to know what to expect. Anyone else seeing this or is it just me?

I do feel like the camera sometimes focuses on getting a view, which makes it distracting for races. I have gotten used to it though.
My only real complaint is the AI gets such a better item selection than you. I never got Bullet Bill or Star at all during my 30-minute session. Acing 150CC is going to be a pain because of this.

Just started the game. Currently waiting for my replay to be uploaded to YouTube. Sure takes its time :p
Well it is 720p and it took only 2 minutes. So, eh...

bfwings55

Picked up my copy at Target from the trade in sale thing. While I was getting mine a family came in and bought the Mario Kart Wii U bundle.

It's happening

Picked up my copy at Target from the trade in sale thing. While I was getting mine a family came in and bought the Mario Kart Wii U bundle.

It's happening

I went into Best Buy at lunch and snagged the Wii U bundle along with DKTF.

Now I just need to finish the damn day at work.

Top Bottom