• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Baleoce

So the way the tournament effective works is whoever has the most points at the end of the week "wins"? I feel like the tournament should be daily instead of weekly, as some people are just going to rack up ridiculous points in the span of a week, no?

I guess one is meant to be more of a community where gaffers can join and play each other whenever they want. and then we can make separate tournaments for short burst competitions.

Finally home with my copy (ended up being out all day when I didn't expect to be) and damn is this game gorgeous!!! Video footage really does not do it justice when I finally see it on my TV.

Still trying to decide if I'll go through all of the races or just jump to 150cc. I need to get used to playing Mario Kart again though. I am a little annoyed that a number of stamps are unlocked right from the start but only a little and it's a nitpick.

150CC is tough, I suggest 100CC to unlock everything. 62 is also plenty to unlock IMO. Also, the video footage is locked at 720p when the game can do 1080p, so yeah the YT footage does not give the visuals a fair preview. I really want to play it *2 MORE HOURS*

What's the 6 star option for at the end of a race? Favouriting a replay?

Keeps a replay from ever getting erased. My game only kept the last 5.

BraXzy

I am terribad at this game. I really need to practice :3

How does the tournament thing actually work? Do you just hop on when you can and then see who gets the most points at the end of the week?

Reading this thread makes it nearly impossible being at work and NOT get desperate about going home to play.

This game is seriously gorgeous

01-mario-kart-8-menuskoudk.jpg

Dizzy

Banned
Playing it now. Game is gorgeous! Jaggies aside.

Been through 9 races so far and only seen 1 blue shell. Its GLORIOUS coming from MK Wii. Also lightning seems to be cut town to once per race as opposed to once per lap in the wii version.

First unlock baby rosalina. Second unlock pink gold peach....you cant make this stuff up.

Lol
Yeah, I'm not gonna torture myself with the mess that is 150cc.
100cc feels just right. :p

Edit: damn I have to gets stars on 150cc too?!...wonderful...

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Lol

Should probably play the grand pri before oing online

Kazerei

Banned
Just finished playing through all the Cups in Grand Prix 50cc and watched the credits scroll. Some of the tracks are a bit forgettable, but most of them are amazing. I'm trying to pick a favorite but I just can't. Sunshine Airport, Mount Wario, Bowser's Castle ... all very cool. The remakes of the retro tracks are pretty neat too. Love what they did with Donut Plains 3 and Wario Stadium. And the vehicle handling feels very polished. I haven't played a MK game in over year, but MK8 fit like a glove. I think I'm gonna play through Grand Prix again on 100c and maybe 150cc before hopping online. Hopefully by then I'll have unlocked some of the better karts and bikes.

Copenap

I guess one is meant to be more of a community where gaffers can join and play each other whenever they want. and then we can make separate tournaments for short burst competitions.
That was exactly my intention when creating this "tourney". Just a place where gaffers can casually meet and have fun. Obviously the ranking is not necessarely reflecting the skill, it's more like the "wall of shame" that is usually posted in OTs that shows who was the most active. I'm sure there will be different tourneys later on that are focused more on the competituve side of MK.

After an initial playthrough of all the new courses in the grand prix, I think Shy Guy Falls is definitely one of my favorites that I wasn't expecting to be that good. It's an awesome track.

GeeDuhb

my friend
there is no drought now
i think every person who enjoys videogames should buy a wiiu now

Yeah, thats why I am going to pull the trigger after their E3 event...I will either buy a refurb or get a new one if they do a price drop...There are just WAY too many games I want to play to hold off any longer!

stuminus3

Girl behind the counter at Future Shop was all like "oh wow so many people with Wii U's today!" which make me all like this :)

But then she said she's waiting for them to make Mario Kart on 3DS to which I responded with something like this. :-|

And then she said she would buy a Wii U but she doesn't have a TV at which point I was like this >:/

bob page

Playing it now. Game is gorgeous! Jaggies aside.

Been through 9 races so far and only seen 1 blue shell. Its GLORIOUS coming from MK Wii. Also lightning seems to be cut town to once per race as opposed to once per lap in the wii version.

First unlock baby rosalina. Second unlock pink gold peach....you cant make this stuff up.

I actually have no jaggies on my TV, surprisingly. Maybe check your calibration settings & drop sharpness to 0?

Top Bottom