• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Spinluck

Got fucking robbed in Special cup 150cc.

1st place
2nd place
2nd place
6th place

They fucking destroyed me on Rainbow Road.

Gonna do a few more before I hop online to get embarrassed.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Me and Morfeo joining gaf torney, I'm playing as Bjornar

Sciortino

joined the tourney a little while ago as Lino, will be back later! I keep saying one more over and over again. I can't stop playing..

Buburibon

I haven't played for long, but first impressions aren't as favorable as they were with Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on PC last year. Single-player content in Mario Kart 8 is definitely lacking, and the racing just isn't as exciting... yet. I'm sure it'll grow on me over the weekend. :)

PusherT

My game is downloading which is a better control method

Wiimote + Nunchuck
Wiimote sideways
Wii U Gamepad

Any Wiimote + nunchuck users?

m0t0k1

Nah, I love the normal bike, i only wanted to try the bear quad because it seemed nice. Not using it ever again.

Well i still need to wait 2 weeks until i get this. Only played it this afternoon at a friends house so i still need to get a feel for all the parts and see what fits for me.

Baleoce

My game is downloading which is a better control method

Wiimote + Nunchuck
Wiimote sideways
Wii U Gamepad

Any Wiimote + nunchuck users?

Personally Id say wiimote + nunchuck is the most comfortable to play with out of those. Very relaxing on the sofa.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That feel when a blue shell clips you at some weird ass angle when you're in fourth.

Then you get a coin item box.

So I just bought this game this morning over the eShop.
Then around lunch today I connected my NintendoClub account.

Am I screwed out of a free game now?

DedValve

Banned
So why can't you use the R button for acceleration? It's so dumb to not have it as an option. Makes it so much more comfortable for long term use.

Man this game is frustrating the fuck out of a me. Haven't won a single online race yet.

I think this game is different than CoD in that you will have trouble just playing online. Many people are hardcore MK players. It is probably better to try to unlock all cups to get a feel then jump online (at least that is my strategy).

batbeg

So the way the tournament effective works is whoever has the most points at the end of the week "wins"? I feel like the tournament should be daily instead of weekly, as some people are just going to rack up ridiculous points in the span of a week, no?

bob page

Bought a Wii U this week for Mario Kart and don't regret it one bit. Having tons of fun and the game looks absolutely stunning.

Effect

Finally home with my copy (ended up being out all day when I didn't expect to be) and damn is this game gorgeous!!! Video footage really does not do it justice when I finally see it on my TV.

Still trying to decide if I'll go through all of the races or just jump to 150cc. I need to get used to playing Mario Kart again though. I am a little annoyed that a number of stamps are unlocked right from the start but only a little and it's a nitpick.

Top Bottom