• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

It means they are using Motion controls of Wiimote. This has not changed since MK Wii.
It also makes you feel bad because you are losing to motion controls.

*2 more hours urgh*
This is my first Kart game since Double Dash, lol thanks. I thought I saw a white steering wheel last night though. That's why I was wondering about the golden one.

Ugh this wait is killing me :(

Curse you Amazon and your late deliveries. Wasn't even able to get anything out of 'em about when it'll arrive when I called them up just now.

Despite all the flaws of execution, MKTV is still pretty neat. Otherwise, it would be hard to capture game moments. I just wish we could upload like a lap we liked the best or something. I hope Smash Brothers Wii U has a TV feature in it. It would be Day One even getting the 3DS one.

T7ZQcel.png

This is my first Kart game since Double Dash, lol thanks. I thought I saw a white steering wheel last night though. That's why I was wondering about the golden one.

That is alright. Golden means they are kicking butt with the motion controls. Which goes back to "makes you feel bad". I tried motion controls and I do not see how they make tight turns.

Loco4Coco

Well just bought a WiiU and a handful of games/controllers, had to buy it online wasn't bout to carry all the stuff I bought by myself!

Zing

Banned
If I recall correctly, a golden wheel means they completed all the cups using the wheel. If you get stars in all the cups, the star will also appear on the wheel (1,2,3 stars depending on he lowest star they have in any cup).

I'm gonna stop talking about this game for a bit because I'm turning really sour on it really fast

I haven't had this frustrating an experience gaming since I went into XCom blind on classic ironman

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I like the DOF effect in the playbacks. It's a pity there isn't a option to play with that on. I'd like to give it a try.

okay I still suck. my first try to connect online game me an error but I joined 2 regional races still sucked but you can still get coins to unlock stuff online which is awesome :)

Well just bought a WiiU and a handful of games/controllers, had to buy it online wasn't bout to carry all the stuff I bought by myself!

welcome to Kart madness

Gambit

just finished all cups in 50cc (gotta start slow) and I am loving it so far. I hope o join the gaf tournament before too long, which will be even better.

BTW: ANy idea yet how to collect stamps? I only got one extra (Luigi), with whom I've played all cups. I wonder if winning a cup with another character gets you their stamp.

Also, anectodal experience: two friends of mine bought a Wii U today when they saw the bundle in the shop. They hadn't planned on buying it at all, but seeing it they impulse-bought.

BTW: ANy idea yet how to collect stamps? I only got one extra (Luigi), with whom I've played all cups. I wonder if winning a cup with another character gets you their stamp.

I know this due to GE's video. You have to get first with all characters on any cup and beat the staff times in all time trials. Not that hard apparently according to users.

Is anyone playing with the Wii U Classic Controller?

I'd like to read your opinion on the controls (feel, buttons, etc.). Thinking about picking one up for this game.
You mean Pro Controller? I been using it and it is very smooth and probably the best way to play it. So you got my opinion that it is a good controller. It should also work with Smash.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Is anyone playing with the Wii U Classic Controller?

I'd like to read your opinion on the controls. Thinking about picking one up for this game.
I assume you meant the Wii Classic controller. I'm about to give you my impressions in less than an hour..

Top Bottom