• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

BashNasty

So I owned a Wii U before and sold it on Craigslist like an idiot.

I'll never understand how many people seem to buy and sell consoles willy nilly. Once I buy a console, I own it for life, the thought of selling any of my consoles has never crossed my mind. I suppose I understand why people would do it, money, but if money is so tight that you need to be selling your possessions... maybe it's not good to be buying stuff like that in the first place.

Then again, maybe just not looking at this from the right angle, I dunno. Anyway, back to karting!

Is there any inherent difference to bikes vs karts other than the fact that they have different handling models? i remember seeing in a nintendo direct that karts were better at drifting and turning while bikes have higher top speed. is that true?

Saganator

So I picked this up for my 8 year old. I decided to play for a bit before I pick him up from school, and wow, I had a damn blast. Definitely feel that Nintendo magic. Total eye candy and just... fun. Wish it was enough to pull the WiiU out of the dumpster.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vt89B4tK_jA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I absolutely adore Mario Kart 8.

Also, the MKTV uploader's quality is a fucking anathema. You're better off capturing the footage with a PVR or something.
I think the problem is how it is compressed. PVR as you said can give you .divx, which is higher quality. I think this is using .mpeg or something else. Still though, I cannot complain. Having ability to upload is what is important to me. But yeah, the PS4 video capture is better IMO.

JLeack

Banned
I'll never understand how many people seem to buy and sell consoles willy nilly. Once I buy a console, I own it for life, the thought of selling any of my consoles has never crossed my mind. I suppose I understand why people would do it, money, but if money is so tight that you need to be selling your possessions... maybe it's not good to be buying stuff like that in the first place.

Then again, maybe just not looking at this from the right angle, I dunno. Anyway, back to karting!

The Wii U was selling worse than Dreamcast and had no games I was interested in at the time. I thought I was done. It was a mistake.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Lol, third place crazy 8. I never mashed the item button so hard in my life.

Gamepad battery is about to die though. Gonna have to stop soon.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I think it's to keep the upload time down. I have quite beastly internet and it still took about 13 minutes.

Wow. Didn't realise it took so long. I take it that it doesn't do it in the background?

Tried playing online with random people, I was quite reliably able to go through one race with a group of people but always got disconnected on the second or third one. Otherwise the multiplayer seems to be really well implemented, so I hope Nintendo gets that fixed. I'm pretty sure this is actually the first console game I've played online, and I see myself playing a lot more of it.

Grizzo

One slight regret I have is with Yoshi's Valley. They should have kept the ranking a mystery, like in the N64 version, just to stay true to the original.

Blues1990

Are there any tournaments going on right now? I've completed the Mushroom & Flower Cup, but I'm in the mood to race with you fine, lovely folks.

Lren

Wish it would keep my points for the GAF Tourney as the second player. Was with B00TE as Waluigi but when we joined after our brief break, noticed that it didn't keep my points. Only a small complaint, other than that the game is great!

WAHHHHHH

daydream

Banned
One slight regret I have is with Yoshi's Valley. They should have kept the ranking a mystery, like in the N64 version, just to stay true to the original.

Agreed. The ranking is not 100% accurate, though, depending on the routes everyone takes, so a bit of the mystery made it over, at least.

mstevens

I'm not sure how anyone can say that the Wii U isn't worth owning yet. This game is fantastic, plus there is Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, NSMBU, etc.

I mean.. this system is incredible.

Just completed all the 50cc cups.

N64 Rainbow Road was hruuruguugugughgghghhg. Music has been super fun too and I really like how they've updated some of the retro tracks (Wario Stadium!).

Top Bottom