• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like I'm getting this on Monday. Unfortunately, my twelve year old 4:3 monitor broke down today, so I'll have to switch between using my tv as monitor for a while until I can purchase a proper monitor.

LoveCake

Played through all the new levels on the 50cc races & won each event.

I don't think the anti-grav adds that much really.

Had enough of playing it now for the night, bit disappointed really :/

Leunam

My Toys R Us was loaded with them, but I got there early because they ran out of MK8 pre orders and I wanted to make sure I got a copy for the 40% off deal.

Thanks for the heads up, I may give them a try. I won't be able to go running around looking for the bundle until after I leave the gym though, so hopefully someone has a copy tucked away in the back.

JLeack

Banned
So I owned a Wii U before and sold it on Craigslist like an idiot.

I'm on the phone with Nintendo right now to try to transfer my Nintendo ID content to the new Wii U I bought today. They don't do unlinking.

There's a chance this might not work and I'll have to make a new Nintendo ID... :(

They're going to transfer my ID over but it's going to take a week.

So I have to spend the next week wishing I was playing Mario Kart 8. :(

At least they can fix it... and I have Tomodachi Life and WildStar anyway.

Kinsei

Banned
It's looking like my favorite Koopaling (Lemmy) will be the last character I unlock. I have everyone except Rosalina, Pink Gold Peach, Larry, and Lemmy.

Vagabundo

I tried a few matches with my brother and got disconnected during it. Are there general problems or is it more about or individual connections?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Rösti;114077158 said:
Seems like I'm getting this on Monday. Unfortunately, my twelve year old 4:3 monitor broke down today, so I'll have to switch between using my tv as monitor for a while until I can purchase a proper monitor.

It's a 16:9 game?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I was traumatized by that blue shell and kinda happy at the same time because that was when I realized that this was a Mario Kart game all right :p

As you can see, I was getting blown up in the process and if I remember right I got combo hit by multiple shells afterwards so karma laid the smackdown. D:

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
They're going to transfer my ID over but it's going to take a week.

So I have to spend the next week wishing I was playing Mario Kart 8. :(

At least they can fix it... and I have Tomodachi Life and WildStar anyway.
Congrats. I'm curious, how did the manage to unlink?

ColEx

so what the point of having a "Tournament" set up instead of just hosting races?

Tournaments act as a community group, you can join them at anytime through out the day to race with fellow group members. You can also set a daily time frame to race with the group members, it will keeps track of points within that time window, when the time is over the races act as practice, pretty much just normal races with people in the group.

Hosting races is sort of like a private lobby, only people on your friends list can join or be invited i think.

cacildo

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01p4uq2.jpg

Xamdou

DAMN YALL! I got around $220 worth of Target gift cards trading in a bunch of games during that last trade in deal... and I was wondering what the hell I was going to spend it on since I don't even shop at Target.

This could be it...

I don't see the problem? Is anything wrong with lurkers, we were all lurkers before and chances are if you're browsing the neogaf MK8 ot you are cool in my book.

I'm cool with lurkers my self. GAF attracts a pretty neat crowd of individuals who tend to be somewhat reasonable. I just didn't know if any other GAFers wanted lurkers in our tourneys. :p

Added some people, mostly Dutch players, to my friendslist.

Adding people is way more easier last time I remembered, back then, you had to input numbers.

Anybody is welcome to be my friend wherever you're from. (NNID - Rock-Roanoke)

Great game, Mount Wario is my favorite so far. I love these point to point races.

DAMN YALL! I got around $220 worth of Target gift cards trading in a bunch of games... and I was wondering what the hell I was going to spend it on since I don't even shop at Target.

This could be it...

That might be the best decision you make in your life. No hyperbole.

Well maybe a bit :p

Xamdou

Can I use the Wii U Pro controller by itself to race? 32GB is a bit low... how do I expand the memory!?

Also is there voice support during online multiplayer!?

tebunker

Banned
Added some people, mostly Dutch players, to my friendslist.

Adding people is way more easier last time I remembered, back then, you had to input numbers.

Anybody is welcome to be my friend wherever you're from. (NNID - Rock-Roanoke)

Great game, Mount Wario is my favorite so far. I love these point to point races.
Are you in/from Roanoke? In Va? I have family there and I am from RVA myself. Will add when I get home

robot

Might be the best Mario Kart to date. I've been waiting 17 years for a superior version to MK64. It's a damn shame about Battle Mode though.

I experienced the craftiest blue shell of all, despite having the super horn ready to dispose of it it decided to simply smack me in the backside before going in for the explosion, possibly thanks to those water spouts in Dry Dry Desert but I cry bullshit, I had to mash the button like a madman to prevent the explosion while I was stun locked.

Jesus at this gaf room. Those two Super horns right at the start lol.
Mario Circuit? I was horn number 2, everyone spinning onto the grass was hilarious to watch.

I can't play DK anymore, he's too fat! You can't drift worth a damn

Well you can't drift worth a damn, don't try and blame this on the Kong when mine is smooth as butter.

Does the nunchuck control just like Mario Kart Wii? And to change which trick your character performs, does it depend on the direction you shake it? (Like left, down, up, right)

Top Bottom