• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm currently undergoing extensive training so when I reemerge into the gaf tourney room I will no longer be an embarrassment.

This game rocks.

I'm not sure how anyone can say that the Wii U isn't worth owning yet. This game is fantastic, plus there is Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, NSMBU, etc.

I mean.. this system is incredible.

Yeah, I feel bad that I have not bought anything for it in a while. I have missed quite a few good games like TF. It's becoming the Gamecube v2.

atr0cious

GAF is this game great or not? I am on the verge of buying the Wii U Deluxe bundle with MK8!

If anyone tells you its just another Mario Kart, slap them in the mouth. This is the hardest and tightest Mario Kart to date. It's kind of scary, seeing as I used to be good, or I thought I was, but this game doesn't take no casual shit. I'm kind of worried my friends will be put off of it like they were SRT.

The one first place against baleoc as he got by a blue shell was all I needed to feel good about being the worst GafKarter. Holy shit are the motion controls worth getting used to.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I'm not sure how anyone can say that the Wii U isn't worth owning yet. This game is fantastic, plus there is Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Wonderful 101, NSMBU, etc.

Yep. Best system out there these days without a doubt.

We've been using the code all day and it's still not in the OP. IMO, it should be at the top of the first page with "Quote OP for lobby code!" in the thread title..
I think Alistair is going to make one eventually that truly is private for NeoGAF members. I think the current ones are just temporary.

CaLe

Never really played any Mario Karts, but I'm interested in purchasing this one... It is fun as a single player game ? I don't really have someone to play with.

Can it hold my interest for long without playing multi ?

Thanks

I assume this is £49.99 on the UK E-Shop? Wii U seems absolutely dead here, tried four supermarkets today and only one even stocked Wii U games and were out of stock of Mario Kart. Going to have to order online now and wait until next week as Game and Gamestation charge stupid prices.

dock

Bo6OGXdIcAIlKg1.jpg

Does MK8 have an option to race against a group of other ghosts, like in MK7? I much prefer racing this way than racing against a single line.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I'm gonna be home in about 30 mins. These reactions are making me mad thirsty.

Hasney

I assume this is £49.99 on the UK E-Shop? Wii U seems absolutely dead here, tried four supermarkets today and only one even stocked Wii U games and were out of stock of Mario Kart. Going to have to order online now and wait until next week as Game and Gamestation charge stupid prices.

game.co.uk have the digital download for £39.99, so that's your best bet.

If anyime tells you its just another Mario Kart, slap them in the mouth. This is the hardest and tightest Mario Kart to date. It's kind of scary, seeing as I used to be good, or I thought I was, but this game doesn't take no casual shit. I'm kind of worried my friends will be put off of it like they were SRT.

I think this Kotaku review is how I feel: http://kotaku.com/mario-kart-8-the-kotaku-review-1576700883

This is the first Mario Kart since DS that has done something different to make it stand out from the others. You do not notice it at first, but playing it more and more you notice the little things they did to make this game great.

Yup. I own a PS4 and gaming PC as well, but I spend most of my gaming time on Wii U these days. It's too bad about the poor sales, but as long as Nintendo keeps churning out great titles like this, I'm happy with it.

Accepted a bunch of friend request from you guys. I´ll be adding as much of you as I can and I´ll be online in a couple of hours. Excited from some online races with you guys!

This game man. This game.

phanphare

Banned

it's quickly becoming one of my favorite Nintendo consoles ever, no joke

the quality of their first party games is ridiculous. Pikmin 3, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, and now Mario Kart 8 are genre defining games imo (whatever genre you put Pikmin in lol)

MisterM

Is there no longer automatic drifting in MK8? We can only find the option to toggle motion controls of and on and its making my gf sad :(

Spinluck

Is there a deal for this somewhere? I only see it for $330

I think that's the price. I payed $350 for my Wii U when it came out and it only came with Nintendoland lol. Of course better games have come out since then.

That bundle has MK8, Mario Wii Motionplus, MK8 comes with a free game, and I don't know if Toys R Us will count the bundle as an MK8 purchase. But if they did, you'd get 40% off a game of equal or lesser value. So DKC:TF or SM3DW would be great considering they are both $50 and the 40% off will bring that down.

Wish me luck as I run around tonight looking for Mario Kart 8/Wii U bundles. Not expecting good results.

My Toys R Us was loaded with them, but I got there early because they ran out of MK8 pre orders and I wanted to make sure I got a copy for the 40% off deal.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Is there no longer automatic drifting in MK8? We can only find the option to toggle motion controls of and on and its making my gf sad :(

No automatic drifting as far as I can see. Manual drifting is pretty easy though.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Install will complete in 2 minutes.. Watch it, gaf!

Top Bottom