• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Baleoce

I just played 4 cups in single player and I really wish they made "Next Race" the top option instead of the highlights. Other than that, no complaints.

Yeah that was a strange design choice. Usually they're quite good about things like that. But at least it's only a couple of extra seconds, as "next race" is the default option in the highlights mode, which doesn't take long to load.

Kinsei

Banned
I'm definitely sure someone mentioned this earlier but I can't help it!

Wiimote + Nunchuks = perfect controller for this game!

I prefer the gamepad and pro controller. Honestly, they better patch in GCN controller support when the adapter is released for perfect MK8 controls.

JLeack

Banned
Can you really only have one Nintendo ID per console? I feel like making a new NID just so I can play Mario Kart 8 during the next week while they transfer my real NID over...

This Special Cup is incredible. A little disappointed with Rainbow Road but OH MY GOD @ Cloudtop Cruise. That Wind Garden remix.

I never knew I wanted HD Mario Kart so much in my life. So good.

je_ssi e

The WiiU PRO controller is so comfy.
I love it.

I'll have to try out the tourney witchu guys later. Just splitscreen GP'ing with the roommate atm. So much fun.

I'll have to add myself to the spreadsheet soon, too.

EulaCapra

Guys, what do I do after adding myself to the spreadsheet, do I click on share? Or just close the window?
Every edit is saved so you're free to close.

And is it just my connection or is something fishy with battle mode? Out of 5 matches, a communication error occured like at the very last minute for 3 rounds. I lost 30 VR points already. Never happened once in long sessions of racing.

This game...holy shit.

Just played online with my brother for over an hour and it worked flawlessly.

The new courses are some of the best ever. Mount Wario is a masterpiece.

RulkezX

An age to download and even longer to install
fuckyounintendo

Now on to the fun part ! My kids don't know I bought it , can't wait till the morning now :)

69wpm

Christ, I played 10 hours straight with a mate, finished 50cc, 100cc and 2 cups from 150cc. Also played a few races online. I'm so damn tired right now so I'll join the GAF tournament tomorrow. (@)v(@)

NotLiquid

I think I can safely say Lightning Cup is my least favorite cup of this game. None of the tracks are really all that memorable except Rainbow Road.

Ramirez

No arena maps for Battle mode, what were they thinking? Sorry, haven't been watching media/news on this if it was well known before release.

The actual racing is phenomenal though, do whatever.

Sadist

Man, online GAF is freaking brutal. Spieler1 kicked my butt good. Still, did manage a few second and third placets.

But man, at times I feel like this huge "please hit me with your items" sign :(

Prototype

Just got home with the game and can hardly control my excitement! Also have the entire re st of the day free. Hahaha loving life atm.

Kinsei

Banned
No arena maps for Battle mode, what were they thinking? Sorry, haven't been watching media/news on this if it was well known before release.

The actual racing is phenomenal though, do whatever.

Yeah, they revealed the new battle mode about a month ago. It's not as good as the old one, but still pretty fun.

Tekku

This is the first game that makes me want to buy a Wii U.

Do you unlock things in Mario Kart when you finish the different cups? Or where's the replay value at?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Holy shit, I'm the 420th name on the spreadsheet? No way am I going to be able to add all of you. :p

If anyone cares, just add me directly. NNID is the same as my name here, (XiaNaphryz).

Do you unlock things in Mario Kart when you finish the different cups? Or where's the replay value at?

If I'm not mistaken you unlock people each time you complete a cup. I think. I could be wrong, just started playing it myself since I just got home from work.

Electrodrome is where shy guys and koopas go to party together without the fear of judgement.

The fake ads are some of my favorite parts of every Mario Kart game. Burning DK looks like some kind of energy drink?

You can just close it. It saves automatically.

Every edit is saved so you're free to close.

And is it just my connection or is something fishy with battle mode? Out of 5 matches, a communication error occured like at the very last minute for 3 rounds. I lost 30 VR points already. Never happened once in long sessions of racing.

Thanks guys!

Gonna take a shower now and jump back in the tournament later.

Kinsei

Banned

Every time you get gold on a cup a cup you unlock a character (14 total to unlock). Getting first in every race on every cup on the hardest difficulty get's you a special emblem by your name online. Every time you get gold on a cup with a character you get that characters stamp (Nintendo's version of achievements) (30 characters means 30 stamps to get). Beating the staff ghost on a track in time trial gets you that tracks stamp (32 tracks total).

B00TE

7awz12f.jpg
From earlier, there was a Waaaaahluigi line.

Bradach

The graphics are outstanding, for any platform.

And the amount of effort put into these courses is very impressive.

Good work Nintendo

Top Bottom