• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Do the drivers have unique abilities. I see you can soup up your ride(tires, shocks, whatever)...but does Koopa control differently than Mario even if they have the same automobile?

Kinsei

Banned
Do the drivers have unique abilities. I see you can soup up your ride(tires, shocks, whatever)...but does Koopa control differently than Mario even if they have the same automobile?

Each weight class has different stats. Here is a list.

x5YoBRM.png

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I was laughing my ass off when I first loaded Electrodome. That giant LCD with the koopa troopas and shy guys on the dance floor at a rave
KuGsj.gif

BM8

Neo Member
At least 90% of the time, at 100cc, while first, i get a defensive item.

Does 150cc have higher odds?

The game also looks much better than the GS demo.

My sharpness is at 20, and the jaggies arent even close as noticeable. The colors also pop on a calibrated tv.

Cosmozone

This is the first game that makes me want to buy a Wii U.

Do you unlock things in Mario Kart when you finish the different cups? Or where's the replay value at?
There are three difficulty levels. Character unlock by winning cups and beating times. The latter also gives you stamps, more stamps by winning cups with different characters. Vehicles and parts can be unlocked by collecting coins. So, plenty to do. :)

Tekku

Every time you get gold on a cup a cup you unlock a character (14 total to unlock). Getting first in every race on every cup on the hardest difficulty get's you a special emblem by your name online. Every time you get gold on a cup with a character you get that characters stamp (Nintendo's version of achievements) (30 characters means 30 stamps to get). Beating the staff ghost on a track in time trial gets you that tracks stamp (32 tracks total).

Thanks! That sounds really fun and challenging. :)

Delt31

guys - just got it but can't play until my daughter goes to bed. I played MK 64 a ton and then MK 7 and usually play 150. Should I start 150 for this one too?

NotLiquid

I'm convinced that Mario Kart GAF is like a wolf pack.

If you relent for even a second your ass is grass. I've been hit by a shell in first place only to go tumbling down to ninth.

NotLiquid

FUCK LAKITU HOLY SHIT

First time he betrays me in recovering from a glider thunderstrike and sends me straight backwards instead of forward.

Lumyst

Just got my copy from a Fry's store for $53.74, which ended up cheaper with tax than online, imagine that. The red case, looks fine in person, the outside is like blue and red AirHeads, the inside is like being at Target. Double Dash was my last Mario Kart game but there's something alluring about this one, maybe I'm wanting to indulge in the visuals but I'm sure I'll enjoy the other stuff too ;-)

Top Bottom