• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Social

The communication errors are getting worse. Today they even happen before the races, while selecting a kart or track... Sheesh

Cbajd5

heh you can poke miis on the stage decision waiting screen and see their names

Also I should be top speedier for the next race...

enoki

I haven't had any issues with communication errors today. Last night there was maybe one an hour in the five hours I played.

EDIT: NNID is Elixircat.

wsippel

Banned
This is the second Mario Kart I've ever played (after DS, which I didn't really like all that much), but it's really, really amazing. It's so polished and works so well, the visual design, graphics and attention to detail are simply spectacular, the tech is best in class, the music and sound design are great - it's just plain awesome overall.

wrowa

Electrodome with mushrooms only is probably the closest thing to a new F-Zero we'll get for a long time. It's awesome, though.

Speaking of which, I'd appreciate a few more official GAF communities with different rule-sets. E.g. mushroom-only for the ones who'd like to play a less chaotical version of Mario Kart from time to time.

ChrisD

Why yes, stomach. Lunch is a thing. Thank you for reminding me.

Great games! ffgdh, I shall get you next time.

Maybe.

Electrodome with mushrooms only is probably the closest thing to a new F-Zero we'll get for a long time. It's awesome, though.

Speaking of which, I'd appreciate a few more official GAF communities with different rule-sets. E.g. mushroom-only for the ones who'd like to play a less chaotical version of Mario Kart from time to time.

Is coins only possible? I haven't checked.

This is probably thread worthy on its own but Mario Kart has already sold over 400,000 copies and it's not even done its first week. Also, sold 50-60% of its inventory already. Just the boost of sales the Wii U needed.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7705942.html
Oh wow, that's above what anyone in the MC threads were predicting wasn't it?
Mario Kart to the rescue!!!
Once again...
I hope that you have OT2 ready to go based on how quickly this one is filling up ^_^

Codeblue

Only put a few hours in, but things really takes off once you hit Mario Circuit and see what they were going for with this hover stuff. The courses almost have a theme park ride type feel to them, the level of creativity and detail is super impressive. I've been pretty so-so on the last couple of Mario Karts and even outright disliked MKWii, but I feel the same way about this one as I did when I first played MKDS. It'll go down as one of the best and I'll be playing it for a long time.

DedValve

Banned
Does anyone know how to change controls in MK8?

I press start at the beginning of the game and I don't see any options to switch acceleration from that horrid a button.

Also do you think there's a chance that tweeting nintendo will have them update it so acceleration can be R, drift can be L and item can be whatever like every other normal racer? Soooo much more comfortable on my hands.

EDIT: Also any way to get the map to show on screen? I'm using the WiiU pro controller but the map only shows on the gamepad and I have zero idea on how to disable it. This game desperately needs an option menu.

Holy crap. I'm sitting here in a theater waiting to a movie to start and I've just seen commercials for Mario Kart 8, Tomodachi Life, and Kirby Triple Deluxe. Its like I'm in some backwards world. Full hype mode has been engaged.

wrowa

How do you access these?

Once you've joined a tournament, the communites will automatically be saved in the "favorites" category of your Miiverse. It's kind of a shame, since most people will probably never look there and will thus miss those communities completely.

Holy crap. I'm sitting here in a theater waiting to a movie to start and I've just seen commercials for Mario Kart 8, Tomodachi Life, and Kirby Triple Deluxe. Its like I'm in some backwards world. Full hype mode has been engaged.
Nintendo actually spending marketing money will have that effect on you :p
How do you access these?
If you joined the tournament it's auto-added to your Miiverse page.

enoki

Which movie are you seeing?

Awesome to see Nintendo doing more marketing.

Excuse the ignorance, but what uses has these stars?

KF82N4G.png

wrowa

Does anyone know how to change controls in MK8?

I press start at the beginning of the game and I don't see any options to switch acceleration from that horrid a button.

Also do you think there's a chance that tweeting nintendo will have them update it so acceleration can be R, drift can be L and item can be whatever like every other normal racer? Soooo much more comfortable on my hands.

Yeah, sorry to break this on you, but: There are no options in MK8. It sucks because you can't change a lot of basic features. You can't change the splitscreen orientation, you can't display the map on the TV, you can't display the positions on the TV, either... I really don't know why they've done this.

Cbajd5

YOU'RE IN A THEATER

QUIT USING YOU PHONE

AND FIND AN OUTLET TO PLUG IN YOUR WII U

AND PLAY MARIO KART 8

Top Bottom