• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Ironballs

Does anyone know how to change controls in MK8?

I press start at the beginning of the game and I don't see any options to switch acceleration from that horrid a button.

Also do you think there's a chance that tweeting nintendo will have them update it so acceleration can be R, drift can be L and item can be whatever like every other normal racer? Soooo much more comfortable on my hands.

EDIT: Also any way to get the map to show on screen? I'm using the WiiU pro controller but the map only shows on the gamepad and I have zero idea on how to disable it. This game desperately needs an option menu.

Use "Y" to accelerate instead, much more comfortable.

ChrisD

Game is amazing but whenever you get stuck in the item pack it sucks. 1st to 4th is racing, 5th onwards is a vicious pack of items and you just hope for the best.

prag16

Banned
So what's the story with the VR. I haven't played enough online races yet to gauge it...

I was hoping the gain/loss would scale based on the competition, but so far it kind of doesn't look like it really does; or if it does, not by a whole lot.

I'd prefer something that can be some semblance of a skill rating, rather than just tracking who has played the most matches (without totally sucking and finishing 8-12 every race).

I'll quote this once more then I'll drop it. DAMN is this a terrible topic to ask questions in. 90% of them go unanswered because the topic moves so quickly with so many different lines of discussion and random comments.

BM8

Neo Member
Gamepad motion controls is actually pretty fun to use for a change of pace, and works quite well. Gives a little sense of immersion, and the weight of the gamepad works well.

You can even do motion control(while tilting the gamepad) for off tv play.

Shady859

Argh Mario Kart 8 what have you done?? My Best Buy is all out of pro controllers! I asked about any in the back or another display and the guy was like yea we got a ton they gotta be here somewhere they rarely sell. Searches in back and then looks all over and someone else says yea they on sale this week and Mario Kart yesterday all gone. Gonna order online as I have a big pile of RZ points to spend. Stuck with this crappy Nyko Commander (2 month old and won't hold a charge) rigged to my cell phone battery pack for another few days. :(

Siegmeyer

ok gaf, I'd love to play online wifh some of you guys but my computer is at the repair shop at the moment (posting from my Vita) so i can't open that document to add my NNID. I've got the quoted code from the OP but when i enter it it just puts me in a lobby by myself. Is there something else I need to do?

Edit nm, I'm in! Baintz btw

enoki

ok gaf, I'd love to play online wifh some of you guys but my computer is at the repair shop at the moment (posting from my Vita) so i can't open that document to add my NNID. I've got the quoted code from the OP but when i enter it it just puts me in a lobby by myself. Is there something else I need to do?

Just keep trying or wait for more players. There is probably a full lobby.

ChrisD

I'll quote this once more then I'll drop it. DAMN is this a terrible topic to ask questions in. 90% of them go unanswered because the topic moves so quickly with so many different lines of discussion and random comments.

Seems like MK7. Or in other words, not worth caring about at all. Don't rise much ever and a loss is a little slap on the wrist.

Cheddahz

Banned
everytime a shell hits me and i'm in the top three

bJcII6E.gif

DedValve

Banned
They both work for gas at the same time.

I often switch up pressing A and Y from race to race to solve my issues.

Didn't know they worked at the same time.

Ugh, tried a race with it, waaaaay worse than the a for me. Problem is I don't like pressing down on my thumb for extended periods so both don't really help me, but with a I can at least slide my thumb up a little.

Man this needs an R/L option asap.

Top Bottom