• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Roo

My only complaint in single player besides the obvious luck > skill moments in Grand Prix is that I wish I could make the gamepad screen a rear view mirror.

Also, there were a couple of times where I had a banana/green shell and my hand, I press the button as a red shell is about to hit me, the banana/shell does not deploy, I get hit, and without me pressing anything after I get hit, the banana/shell deploys afterwards. Quite annoying.

Just cleared 50cc and 100cc all gold 3 stars. About to start 150cc and I'm sure there's plenty of frustration in my future. Maybe I'll finally give the online a go first, although I'm sure I'll suck at it. What happens when you 3 star everything?
There's small delay when you charge items so if you hear a red shell coming after you the best you can do is charge in that moment because it could cost you the race.

J@hranimo

Banned
Doing a little 150cc to unlock some more parts. Cushion seems to be decent tires with the standard atv. I'll join you guys soon enough!

Is there any way I can directly compare my time trial results with those on my friends list? I'd like to race my friends ghost on a track. I can't find him at all - the graph only has the staff ghost on it and "See more ghosts" just gives me a big list of Miiverse users...

Busaiku

I seriously hate the Super Circuit stage.
Seriously, I couldn't play 2D stages before and I can't play the re-imagined ones either.

Unai

Joker can't beat Batman.

10403960_788007874550983_8865316054690201843_o.jpg

lt519

Hmmm I lost you guys I think it shuffled me to a different race.

10 minutes all, 4 race shuffle

2969-3541-4777

Sorry for spam, board moves fast

Is it just me or does the new rainbow road feel kinda slippery when very sharp turns or am I just bad at video games.

I can now go through a full race of it without falling in online multiplayer while using motion controls. The track is doable. Play it a couple more times.

Or maybe you're using wheels with very low traction or something? Trying shuffling up your kart parts.

This is gonna sound potentially patronizing, and I apologize if it does, but I'm speaking from experience with somebody struggling with this game at first, so just in case: remember drifing is a thing. It took me most of an hour to get one of my friends to start drifting consistently yesterday. He shot up from consistently near the bottom of the race to consistently in the upper ranks once it clicked for him.

Macleoid

I've only been able to put a little time into it, but do far I'm digging the tracks. Haven't even played online yet, so I can't comment on that. Overall though, I'm digging it. The biggest disappointment I have is that I didn't read up enough going into it to know that two player multi was always split screen. Without having or caring to read any technical explanations as to why, i know it goes without saying that it had to do with some sort of performance concern. But still, it feels like such a wasted opportunity for the GamePad.

Yeah I thought the same. Especially when cod manages to do it!

Tacosmell

Banned
Can someone please tell me how to disable the motion-steering with a Wii remote please.
I bought the wii u mario kart 8 bundle.
Loving the game, but please tell me its possible to use the WII REMOTE like a normal remote and not that crap motion steering....
I hate having to pretend its a steering wheel, i just want to turn with the damn arrows lol.
Can someone tell how i can play without the motion sensing bs. I am playing this with my daughter shes using the pad and im stuck with the wii remote, the motion steering is just NOT precise, its slow slugish and just plain terrible.

Please Neogaf, is there hope?

Woffls

How do I get the faster starting boost? I just spin from as early as possible then let go after 1 disappears...

Damn getting hit on those gears really hoses you up. Quickly learning where to hit people.
That whole section is hell. If you get hit, it's really difficult to keep track of what's going on.

TheXbox

Can someone please tell me how to disable the motion-steering with a Wii remote please.
I bought the wii u mario kart 8 bundle.
Loving the game, but please tell me its possible to use the WII REMOTE like a normal remote and not that crap motion steering....
I hate having to pretend its a steering wheel, i just want to turn with the damn arrows lol.
Can someone tell how i can play without the motion sensing bs. I am playing this with my daughter shes using the pad and im stuck with the wii remote, the motion steering is just NOT precise, its slow slugish and just plain terrible.

Please Neogaf, is there hope?
Use the nunchuck for steering, I don't think you can do regular steering with just the Wiimote d-pad.

Talamius

One thing that's a relief: There doesn't seem to be a world-beating Funky Kong in this game. Large variety of characters and vehicle setups doing well.

Top Bottom