• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Chris R

Bummed at some of the older tracks selected and extremely sad to see the N64 Rainbow Road butchered as badly as it was... 1 lap? Really Nintendo? DLC tracks ASAP please.

Can someone please tell me how to disable the motion-steering with a Wii remote please.
I bought the wii u mario kart 8 bundle.
Loving the game, but please tell me its possible to use the WII REMOTE like a normal remote and not that crap motion steering....
I hate having to pretend its a steering wheel, i just want to turn with the damn arrows lol.
Can someone tell how i can play without the motion sensing bs. I am playing this with my daughter shes using the pad and im stuck with the wii remote, the motion steering is just NOT precise, its slow slugish and just plain terrible.

Please Neogaf, is there hope?
Press +, and choose the option with the d-pad glowing.
This is during a race

Azure J

Kart combo seems to REALLLLYYY matter against good opponents.

It really makes a huge difference, especially depending on your playstyle. That said, I feel like GAF doesn't use the anti-grav boosts/bump boosts enough. That shit is so much fun and when you can take advantage of it in situations like hitting someone with a shell and bumping off of them while they're reeling or doing sharp drifts and letting them correct your trajectory, it gets SO fast and so incredible. Shoutouts to Water Park, Sunshine Airlines, Rainbow Road 64 and Mario Circuit. Those tracks are incredible when enough people are together in one place.

5th place is my highest finish in OT when you don't count only 3 people in the room

70+ points finishing last or second to last

Weekly I have not done much better but only 20+ points

Mario Wiki has all of the unlockable characters and vehicle parts.

If you want to how to unlock specific a character or part,
only the gold parts have specific unlock methods

The gold stuff is probably useless . . . but I'll try to unlock it anyway lol

Isn't there a way to set that up?

Yes, there is. If there's no official way to do it, I'll set one up eventually

The rubber banding + AI works against the player, so either you need to be faster than the CPUs or you have to be lucky.

does this thing really rubberband?

I have been stuck in last place online many times and it just gives me mushrooms nothing strong to get back in the race

lol

Caladrius

I'm actually bad at deciding what combination to use, so I mostly just use standard. Is there a combination that's seen as the best one?

Not sure about a best combo, but for heavyweights I generally use a combination that gives 4/4.25 top speed and 2.75/3 acceleration.

For lightweights I just try to max out speed, which caps out at about 3.25 I think.

Top Bottom