• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Yeah.. and it ran like shit.

Well, that game ran like shit in single player as well. But once you got past that, the ability to have non split screen multiplayer was very much appreciated. It also demonstrated the unique capabilities of the GamePad. I could be mistaken, but I thought Iwata had recently stated that one thing they needed to do was to make software that really showed off the unique capabilities of the controller that originally served as the focal point of the whole system.

Again, I know that this would have required some sort of performance concession, but it's disappointing all the same.

Can someone please tell me how to disable the motion-steering with a Wii remote please.
I bought the wii u mario kart 8 bundle.
Loving the game, but please tell me its possible to use the WII REMOTE like a normal remote and not that crap motion steering....
I hate having to pretend its a steering wheel, i just want to turn with the damn arrows lol.
Can someone tell how i can play without the motion sensing bs. I am playing this with my daughter shes using the pad and im stuck with the wii remote, the motion steering is just NOT precise, its slow slugish and just plain terrible.

Please Neogaf, is there hope?

Pause the game in a middle of a race, right is motion, Left is controller. Not sure if its doable outside a race though

kamakazi5

I haven't been keeping up but why is drifting disabled? Getting abused already?

Edit: First time using a different vehicle and I wasn't drifting correctly. Carry on.

allday247

Banned
good games all! think i'm gonna change characters and vehicles for online races! bikes/bowser mix doesn't quite work.... especially with you lot!

Azure J

Iggy Koopa, you monster. How could you hit me with three green shells one of which was shot backwards to hit me on startup? Jerk. :lol

I can now go through a full race of it without falling in online multiplayer while using motion controls. The track is doable. Play it a couple more times.

Or maybe you're using wheels with very low traction or something? Trying shuffling up your kart parts.

This is gonna sound potentially patronizing, and I apologize if it does, but I'm speaking from experience with somebody struggling with this game at first, so just in case: remember drifing is a thing. It took me most of an hour to get one of my friends to start drifting consistently yesterday. He shot up from consistently near the bottom of the race to consistently in the upper ranks once it clicked for him.

Oh I've been pretty much drifting on pretty much every corner on the track. Though I could've been mostly using wheels with mid-high traction. I guess I'll just practice on the track on time trials when I have some time.

Oh I've been pretty much drifting on pretty much every corner on the track. Though I could've been mostly using wheels with mid-high traction. I guess I'll just practice on the track on time trials when I have some time.

Yeah, I figured you probably were. Just thought I'd cover all my bases after my experience with my friend.

Top Bottom