• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

lt519

Not sure what that does. But if there's more than 12, then they do separate races together. That's what's happening right now in the GAF tournament.

I think within the tournament you can chose to have the separate races shuffle members or stay consistent. I'll change it to random shuffle, probably going to need a new code. Is anyone going to play? Or we all too busy with the GAF tourney?

lt519

Ok ignore previous code

Starting in 30 minutes races will shuffle players every fourth race, open to everyone.

2969-3541-4777

Fey

Banned
A coin while I was in 8th? Keep in classy Nintendo...

the worst is when you get like a coin or something

and the person ahead of you gets a golden mushroom???

iHt10uecXPn9u.gif

playing online is fun, but items leave me so salty at times

it'd be fun if there were an itemless or mushroom only set up too

has anyone unlocked all the stuff yet? is there a list? op didn't seem to have one

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Getting three coins in a row while in 1st place on mount wario makes for some intense racing. Was fully expecting a red turtle of blue shell to come my way at any moment.

playing online is fun, but items leave me so salty at times

it'd be fun if there were an itemless or mushroom only set up too

has anyone unlocked all the stuff yet? is there a list? op didn't seem to have one

Mario Wiki has all of the unlockable characters and vehicle parts.

If you want to how to unlock specific a character or part,
only the gold parts have specific unlock methods

I've only been able to put a little time into it, but do far I'm digging the tracks. Haven't even played online yet, so I can't comment on that. Overall though, I'm digging it. The biggest disappointment I have is that I didn't read up enough going into it to know that two player multi was always split screen. Without having or caring to read any technical explanations as to why, i know it goes without saying that it had to do with some sort of performance concern. But still, it feels like such a wasted opportunity for the GamePad.

Strider

Ok ignore previous code

Starting in 30 minutes races will shuffle players every fourth race, open to everyone.

2969-3541-4777

I'm gonna join this. So far we've basically just used tournaments as a gaf lobby but I'm down for some competitve tournaments.

Item distribution in this game is really fucked

It seems like offensive items are way rarer than they should be. Which might be intentional, but is frustrating if you've been riding third the whole race and can't make forward progress because the people in front don't mess up.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I really wish Nintendo would just give us a mode with bananas, green shells and mushrooms. That's all you need for balanced Mario Kart.

Top Bottom