• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

the unlock system is random? I got 50 points somehow and unlocked more car parts, how many until I start getting characters?

Character unlocks are tied to getting gold in Grand Prix mode. I finished the 8 cups on 50 cc to get used to the tracks and got a character each time. I don't think you can do 1 cup over and over though.

Finish Prixs.

I don't know if the unlocks are tied per prix or not

No it's completely random, you unlock 1 random character once per unique GP you finished. My first unlock was Pink Golden Peach and my last was Toadette and I just did the GPs in order starting on 50cc. You also can't repeat the same GP to unlock more characters, though you can do it on different engine classes IE

3x 50 CC mushroom cup = 1 character unlock

1 50CC mushroom, 1 100 CC mushroom, 1 150 CC mushroom = 3 characters unlocked

The Lamp

Bought the game today, been playing for about 10 hours with my little brother.

Let me just say, even though the coins are used to unlock shit, FUCK 'em as items during a race.

I get pissed every time I get one of those when I'm in first-third place.

Also, the music godly. So much so that my dad (whose in to jazz music) started dancing to the main theme lol.

I like this game a lot.

RIP Battle Mode.

It never fails. Nintendo always designs good games and then leaves one or two things in that absolutely fucking SUCK and no one understands why. Here it's coins and neutered battle mode.

WillyFive

I come to share an amazing gif from SomethingAwful's MK thread:

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

GAF > Internet > GAF

I made that gif.

Zing

Banned
I love how everyone gets triple red shells
except me

That last race, some jerk threw a green shell in my face while I was checking the rear view.

So I bought the bundle but didn't know that I'm suppose to unlink my NNID from my Wii U when I traded it in towards my ps4 a few weeks before it came out. So yeah I gotta wait till Nintendo unlinks it to use my NNID on the new system. I'm a just play Watch Dogs until then I got time

I've been at work for 7 hours and it's been torture reading you guys' race comments. I'm going to be able to join in like 2 1/2 hours, hope you're all still online. I've got two days off and want to start my next binge session ASAP!

Wow! That was exciting! That was my first win in the GAF tourney without fighting for the lead too much!!! I was up front most of the time! I'm Iggy and that was just on Toad's Turnpike.

Quick question...how do I get some online races in against other GAF members? Is there a room or something? I'm late to this thread so I don't know where to look.

Zing

Banned
We seriously need a tournament thread. People keep interrupting the real time posts with actual questions and stuff. :p

Top Bottom