• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

JLeack

Banned
My first online race. Woot!!!

ZIbz3vz.jpg

lt519

Final standings, nice work sanos you pulled ahead and never looked back. Feltrol kept it close for a while. JP you eked me out by one point on those last two races!!

Sanos
Feltrol
JP (damn you)
Rarbusto
AJ
Spanishguy
Robii
Blindsword
Jcrcrasyz
Crimcrommie
Berna
Roodster
Jbaer
Zing
Schwartz
Mine01
Eddie
Khan

AdanVC

Okay I just spend the last 2 hours playing online with random people for the first time in order to practice for the Gaf Tournaments and OH MY GOD!!!!! Online mode is soo perfect and fast and smoooooth. Way better than any other Nintendo online game ever without a doubt and I don't even have a super fast internet connection! 2 glorious hours of happiness (and rage) brought to you by Nintendo.

nintendo-seal-of-quality.jpg

enoki

Every Saturday night our ISP becomes the biggest pile of awful. I guess I'll pass on multiplayer for a little while.

AGITΩ

Beating a staff ghost killed my Wii U, I think...
After Beating the ghost, the Screen showing the scores wouldn't let me exit, the game just continued showing the victory lap with the score, no button on the controller was doing anything, so I pressed the home button and the game just froze. After a few minutes of the frozen screen I hold down the power button until the Wii U turns off and then restart it. Only for it to get stuck on the Wii U logo...After multiple restarts and and unplugs, its still in the same boat. So how screwed am I?

Delt31

Question about Online - is there a ranking gain or anything to work towards when playing against people? I see there are numbers next to my name but not sure what they mean.

Also - if I lean in towards the turn when drifting does the drift boost come quicker?

Feltrol

Banned
Final standings, nice work sanos you pulled ahead and never looked back. Feltrol kept it close for a while. JP you eked me out by one point on those last two races!!

Sanos
Feltrol
JP (damn you)
Rarbusto
AJ
Spanishguy
Robii
Blindsword
Jcrcrasyz
Crimcrommie
Berna
Roodster
Jbaer
Zing
Schwartz
Mine01
Eddie
Khan

I could've been first place if I didn't disconnect! :(

It was a lot of fun, still! Thanks for the tournament. :D

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... I have to add people to play with you guys, right? I JUST bought the Wii U. Do I have to add every one of you guys manually?

daydream

Banned
So... I have to add people to play with you guys, right? I JUST bought the Wii U. Do I have to add every one of you guys manually?

You don't have to add a single one of us, you can join the GAF lobby directly. Though that doesn't mean you shouldn't add us, haha. NNID: windjamming

I spent like two laps following first place without getting any new items just so that I could use a horn on his face.

Then I got another horn to destroy a blue shell near the finish line.

This new item is amazing.

lt519

Sadly it looks like the tournament groupings are tough to get right. When we did shuffle we ended up with two people racing in one game and 10 in another. When we did fixed there were people in the tournament that I never even raced against. I hope they figure this out and patch it.

Great fun anyway everyone, I'm off to bed and off on work travel so I'll be offline for a week ): thanks for the binge playing tonigt

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
alright, yo, do I really suck at drifting because my run on the rainbow road was pathetic, like shit, I try to drift but its futile, I will still fall off the damn ledge, you do R1/R2 to drift, right? Do I have to master slowing down before drifting first? cause jesus, I never sucked so bad at rainbow road D:
this is 150cc btw

Roo

alright, yo, do I really suck at drifting because my run on the rainbow road was pathetic, like shit, I try to drift but its futile, I will still fall off the damn ledge, you do R1/R2 to drift, right? Do I have to master slowing down before drifting first? cause jesus, I never sucked so bad at rainbow road D:
this is 150cc btw
What are you driving?
Maybe handling is the issue.

I was graciously gifted the Mario Kart 8 bundle tonight. Updating the Wii U right now. I am very excited.

I am going to stream some 1080p 60fps gameplay tonight!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have no complaints about 150cc star cup at all, like I did 2 and 3s the previous levels but rainbow road kicked my ass, it looked pretty tho.

Top Bottom