• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

Zing

Banned
It's so stupid that everyone gets booted when the tournament starts. Just make the next race counts reset the scores.

ffdgh

I've completed 150cc. Hooray. Now I just have 6 cups left in mirror mode and I'll move on to time trials.

zlCfzR_jhj4gydMrQn

I hope you're ready. The cpu will show no mercy.

Roo

Just confirmed it with Koodo.. After 1030-1050 VR, the system resets the number to 0 so we have to start all over again.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
man the music is steadily getting better, that mario galaxy remix was outstanding, I could listen to it all day.

DedValve

Banned
YYYYESSSSS FIRST PLACE!!!
with only 6 players but still
FIIIIRSSST.

That red shell would have fucked me if I wasn't spamming a and the item box didn't give me a bannanna. How do I save replays?

Coins are secretly the best items in the game. The reason why it's so difficult to catch up to first place is because of coins. First/second place rarely loses coins and they easily get them back so they are always at top speed. Whereas players in a lower positioning frequently have to fight for coind and lose coins quite often.

If you play mario kart wii 150cc and compare it to mario kart 8 it's very funny how different the two are.

Woah i had no idea the coins even did anything! I thought they were just used to upgrades haha thanks!

Mine01

I guess there's an option to prevent joining the existing room con the antishuffle tourney
Back to the gaf lobby it is.

Jintor

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Gib rosalina つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

stupid random-ass unlock system

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Gib rosalina つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

stupid random-ass unlock system

the unlock system is random? I got 50 points somehow and unlocked more car parts, how many until I start getting characters?

jnWake

Joined my first online races today! GAF room was brutal with some hilarious courses like Royal Raceway and Electrodrome (bump boosts everywhere!).

Uploaded some highlights:

(3DS) DK Jungle - Online with randoms. My first race and first win!

(3DS) Music Park - Randoms again, the boost to win the race was so cool.

Bowser's Castle - Against GAF! My only GAF win so far.

I need to learn the courses better to start winning more but it's been really fun so far (ignoring the disconnects).

FaintDeftone

Played a lot with the GAF players tonight. I'm rarely ever in anything above 5th place but I still have fun.

Just like any other Mario Kart though, 150cc is absolutely frustrating.

Top Bottom