• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

LowSignal

Picked up the wii u Mario kart bundle and was greeted with an 1 hour updated that failed. I'm crossing my fingers that with 10 mins to go my 2nd attempt works and I can finally play. It sucks that they have suck a huge system update even after launch. Grrrr I just want to play the game!

ChrisD

6 hours today, 90% in the OT Tournament. What am I doing with my life lol.

This next school week is going to be torture.

Raw64life

Did a few online matches with 5-6 people and had much better luck. 1st or 2nd every time. If I got hit with something I didn't get sent to item gangbang purgatory like I did when I played with 12.

Hahaah

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

Amazing lmao

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
lZ4Ynn3.jpg

R.I.P. Marty the Thwomp
So for anyone wondering, the Mario and Baby Rosalina playing currently are my brother and youngest sister. I only use Toad and Rosalina. :p

Huh, so do kids really like the Baby characters?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I actually like playing when I'm in the back of the pack; items are so fun, so I don' mind being gangbanged.

Fireblend

Banned
Maaaaaan, I reaaaally want this game, but I promised myself I'm not buying it until I'm finished with both SM3DW and Pikmin 3. At least I made some good progress on them today, and they're superb games, but seeing GAF's praise for this game is making it difficult not to order MK8 right now.

For some reason I feel like the online mode is lying to me. Everything is so smooth, it's hard to believe I'm actually connected to other people. I win a race online and I have to wonder if somewhere someone else is being told they won the same race too.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Legendary.

For some reason I feel like the online mode is lying to me. Everything is so smooth, it's hard to believe I'm actually connected to other people. I win a race online and I have to wonder if somewhere someone else is being told they won the same race too.
They really outdid themselves, it's definitely their new online benchmark, and one of the smoothest online game I've played.

Kinsei

Banned

That's not how lag works in MK. If there really was lag you'd cross the finish line in first, but at the results screen you'll see that you came in a different position.

Have you read the immediate reactions in the thread of rage and joy?

It's real, breh. It's damn real. And it hurts so good.

daydream

Banned
>thinks he is dominating 150cc Special Cup
>handily gets three stars, never being in any danger of even being temporarily out of first place
>skips credits
>goes back to start Mirror mode
>notices lack of stars for Special Cup
>notices three stars for 50cc Special Cup
>
cries

K' Dash

I have NEVER been hit by so many "lost" green shells like this, there must be something, they CHANGED something, I can NOT believe this is just bad luck.

Kinsei

Banned
I have NEVER been hit by so many "lost" green shells like this, there must be something, they CHANGED something, I can NOT believe this is just bad luck.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like they made green and red shells bigger in this game.

Dryk

That's not how lag works in MK. If there really was lag you'd cross the finish line in first, but at the results screen you'll see that you came in a different position.
I looked away for 10 seconds the first time this happened to me adn was so confused to find out that I'd lost

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

I've had worse. 1st. Right before finish line. Suddenly. Fuck all red shells blitzkrieg, a lightning bolt, a blue shell and a bullet bill. I finished in 12th.

That happened this morning.

>:I

Random green shells will literally bounce back and forth in front of me simply WAITING for me to cross their path. It's absurd how many times I've been hit by a green shell that seemed to be doing some kind of math to time exactly when I'd cross it. Almost feels scripted.

Mik2121

getting a star while on second position... lol!

Random green shells will literally bounce back and forth in front of me simply WAITING for me to cross their path. It's absurd how many times I've been hit by a green shell that seemed to be doing some kind of math to time exactly when I'd cross it. Almost feels scripted.
I know the feel. Earlier today I was playing against the CPU and they threw a green shell towards a fence, it made a big bounce, hit another fence and went straight into me...

Mistle

someone mentioned the shells are bigger. it's probably true, as i get hit heaps also

edit: i should refresh page before replying, haha

K' Dash

This is exactly what´s happening to me, I just hear them behind me and I think "what are the chances?" and BAM!, and when they start bouncing in front of me I think "OK, this bitch is going to go left then bounce on the fence, let me get out of it's way..." BAM! in the face.

What in the FLYING fuck?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I just bought the MK8 bundle. I'm trying to redeem my free game. How do i go about doing that for the bundle?

Roo

What if this is what Namco helped with? The online component. Aren't they praised for how good their netcode is? For fighting games it needs to be almost pixel-perfect so I guess a racing game is a piece of cake.

Top Bottom