• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 |OT| 8 oW

daydream

Banned
So, OricWindstar and I are in a Skype chat right now, trying out voice chat + kartin'. We'd love to do that with as many people as possible (from one race) in the future. Would any of you be up for this?

Obviously there's not so many people online right now so we're going to post this again, but if you're interested in joining us right now, send me a PM.

We set up a test tourney so I'll send you a tourney code, as well!

Looking forward to freaking out about your voices! :)

Jachaos

Is there any easy way for me and a friend to join a game together ? When we use Join in the Friends menu it takes at least a race to have a free spot while the other races and then when the race is finally over we get Communication Errors before the stage is selected.

Kinsei

Banned
I love how there are no overly annoying tracks in this game (for me at least). In MKWii online, I absolutely hated people picking Toads Turnpike and Rainbow Road over and over. In this game both of those levels are so much better, and there aren't any others that piss me off really. Good stuff.

I loved Moonview Highway (The traffic course in MKWII), but I can see where you're coming from. There are no tracks I dislike in this game, although I would have preferred I different GBA course.

I don't like how the unlock do. You have to go to the main menu and it will tell you that you have unlocked something and then you have to go to single player to see what it is. If you have earned enough coins for more than one unlock you have to keep going to the menu and back. That's the only bad thing about this game to me.

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but I am super disappointed in Rosalina's voice in this game. She sounds exactly like peach now instead of that deep almost depressed voice she used to have.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Haven't played since DS. Holy shit did they change the drifts. wow. How do I drift properly with the boost now rofl.

iWBcrxrRHgdN0.gif

Amazing.

Someone has to turn that into a banned gif.

So, OricWindstar and I are in a Skype chat right now, trying out voice chat + kartin'. We'd love to do that with as many people as possible (from one race) in the future. Would any of you be up for this?

Obviously there's not so many people online right now so we're going to post this again, but if you're interested in joining us right now, send me a PM.

I really hope this works out! I need everyone to hear my angry screams.

Kinsei

Banned

I'm up for this. I'll join in once I finish the single player.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Random green shells will literally bounce back and forth in front of me simply WAITING for me to cross their path. It's absurd how many times I've been hit by a green shell that seemed to be doing some kind of math to time exactly when I'd cross it. Almost feels scripted.

My favorites are the ones that do that, then somehow launch diagonally backwards straight at you when you're already in 8th, perfectly avoiding everyone else.

the salt

MilesTeg

Banned
I loved Moonview Highway (The traffic course in MKWII), but I can see where you're coming from. There are no tracks I dislike in this game, although I would have preferred I different GBA course.

Oh yeah, that was the name of that course my bad. In MK8, the vehicles don't flatten you, you don't lose your item if hit by vehicle, and there are wall riding and gliding options available. It's a huge improvement imo.

As for Rainbow Road, it's not nearly as long, that is part of what annoyed me in the Wii version. Once you nail the track, it's pretty much powerslide to victory.

Mik2121

I don't like how the unlock do. You have to go to the main menu and it will tell you that you have unlocked something and then you have to go to single player to see what it is. If you have earned enough coins for more than one unlock you have to keep going to the menu and back. That's the only bad thing about this game to me.

Yep, for how good the games are and all the little details they got, they sometimes do crazy stuff straight off the SNES era, like the basic system for the unlocks.

Blues1990

A highlight reel, which includes the following NeoGAF opponents:

212Banks as Daisy
VonGrecklr as Metal mario
Contralto as Rosalina
mike rose as Rose Gold Peach
M. as Luigi
botsamuel as Bowser
Tom Tom as Mario
tmdorsey as Shyguy

Thanks for the matches, you guys. You are really pushing how well I can do in an online match.

enoki

if you check out your friend list while choosing an online match, you can view a W/L vs friends and players you've recently raced against. Pretty neat!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
if you check out your friend list while choosing an online match, you can view a W/L vs friends and players you've recently raced against. Pretty neat!

I'm close to posting mine with viewtifuljc just because of the worst blue shell I've ever seen earlier.

EulaCapra

There are too many sound effects that make it seem like green shells are behind you randomly roaming.

Hate them so much and much more afraid of them than Blue Shells since they're harder to anticipate.

Valkie

Neo Member
I'm more of a lurker than a poster.. so I don't think neogaf let's me quote, just post. I feel so excluded right now!!!

olimpia84

I'm pleasantly surprised to see how well the online works in this game. No lag, no rubber banding at all. I did get a couple disconnect errors but I'm assuming those are happening due to the high volume of people playing the game.

I saw someone playing as shy guy in the wario stadium getting weird lag things. Going through walls and then being ahead of me by a lot of distance. That would be the only thing weird I saw.

Roo

Is it wrong that I don't care about E3 like.. at all?
Any other year I would be counting the seconds until the conferences started but this game has literally all my gaming attention :D

Top Bottom